Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 1:21:54 PM EDT
I couple of things that I strayed away from the "Assemble Your Own Lower" page,

When installing the bolt catch pin, I used a pair of Channel Lock Pliers, with the jaws wrapped in duct tape.  Mostly because the lower moved around too much, and I didn't have any punches that small.

With the front pivot pin, I compressed it into the recess and held it with a knife blade, then simply slid the pivot pin in on top of it.

The hardest part for me was getting the damn pistol grip screw in :-)

Hope this helps someone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
good. also, clean up the holes in your lower with drill bits BEFORE you install the parts. cause sticky moving parts suck!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:07:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
good. also, clean up the holes in your lower with drill bits BEFORE you install the parts. cause sticky moving parts suck!

I'll second that!

The Take down pin on my Essential arms lower was really difficult to push out vs. my Double Star lower which I can puch out with my thumb. After spending about 10 minutes checking differences in hole Dia. between the 2 I took a drill bit turning it with my fingers and found that it would go in easily one way but not the other. So I kept turning it until it would easily slip in from both sides and then checked the pin Fit. Viola fixed.

Now the Take down pin is easily pushed out.

HTH,
Jason
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top