Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 4:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/26/2006 5:05:19 PM EDT by Foxtrot427]
I am considering a del-ton build. I want some fun stuff on it. This is what I am thinking:

RKT101 16" Rifle Kit
ACE ARFX buttstock
3 prong flash hider
YHM 4-rail free float tube
flat top upper
YHM fixed rear sight
Mega stripped lower

If there is anything in that setup that doesnt mesh Id like to know. Im new to ARs and I want to know that everything works. Would an A2 or A1 FH work better? The YHM fixed rear sight works okay with the A2 fron sight right? I cant a afford a red dot at the moment so Ill have to go with only irons for now. All in all it should cost $720. Does that seem right or could I do better going with another company? With the stock...should I just not get the ACE and save for a vltor instead?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:29:35 PM EDT

Yes, build… build away, I learned every part inside and out putting mine together and it was a really great father-son project. We got it together, and then decided we wanted to lighten the trigger, so did our own trigger job and it turned out GREAT!

I recommend a low cost, well made forged lower, like the Essential Arms:
www.essentialarms.com/forged%20lower%20receiver.htm

And a model 1 sales kit, such as a chrome-lined M4 16", pre-ban configuration:
model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KCEM46CL&storeid=1&image=carm416pre.gif

Why the M4 config, because it’s what the average person is looking for when they want an AR, and you will be into this for just under $600, but look like you spent $1100.

This will be two orders, and that's it, everything you need to go from giving your credit card over the phone to going to the range.

Oh, that and you will need a mag and some ammo.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:46:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2006 10:47:39 AM EDT by Foxtrot427]

Originally Posted By GlockandRoll:
Yes, build… build away, I learned every part inside and out putting mine together and it was a really great father-son project. We got it together, and then decided we wanted to lighten the trigger, so did our own trigger job and it turned out GREAT!

I recommend a low cost, well made forged lower, like the Essential Arms:
www.essentialarms.com/forged%20lower%20receiver.htm

And a model 1 sales kit, such as a chrome-lined M4 16", pre-ban configuration:
model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=KCEM46CL&storeid=1ℑ=carm416pre.gif

Why the M4 config, because it’s what the average person is looking for when they want an AR, and you will be into this for just under $600, but look like you spent $1100.

This will be two orders, and that's it, everything you need to go from giving your credit card over the phone to going to the range.

Oh, that and you will need a mag and some ammo.

Exactly.I wanted to know everything about my gun inside and out. Ive never heard of essential arms! The cheapest mega lower I saw was $90. What is the toughcoat they talk about? Thats way cheaper. What exactly are the advantages to an A4 config instead of something like this?

I know the M4 that del-ton sells is $10 more expensive and a lady from del-ton said the difference was just an "M4 profile barrel". Is that worth the extra $10 for someone looking to save as much as possible?

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:54:46 AM EDT
Go w/the Del-Ton, but be sure to get the DPMS h-bar, it will be the most accurate.
If you get a flat-top, and want a holo-sight, I've got a new one in the box I have yet to open.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:29:50 PM EDT

Go w/the Del-Ton, but be sure to get the DPMS h-bar, it will be the most accurate.
If you get a flat-top, and want a holo-sight, I've got a new one in the box I have yet to open.

Which one is the h-bar? They dont actually say "h-bar". Its the heavy one right? Id like to buy your holosight but I can barely afford the $50 YHM fixed rear sight as it is haha
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:28:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 12:10:42 PM EDT by Foxtrot427]
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:34:51 PM EDT
I was also considering a 16" middy w/ busy lower and Calvary Arms 16" flattop (with detachable carry handle) upper. Its $700.

Its more expensive than the build I am considering but this comes with a case, 2 30rd mags, carry handle, and the parts are probably higher quality and are worth more origionally. If I wanted all my tacticool stuff on the del-ton it would cost $785 (handguard, vltor, rear sight). Of course I could go bare minium and it could cost $604 (withou taxes and FFL) and Id still have to buy mags and would have a case. Which should I get.

I think I want the one in the equip exchange but cant decide.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 2:39:00 PM EDT
Yeah, the heavy barrel is the one you want... it's a shame they dont have 16" DMPS stainless heavy-barels that take the A2 FH... that would be GREAT accuracy/weight at this price.

My friend has a cobra on his 308 siaga, it's a VERY limited field of view compared to the holo-sight, but it does look good on the AR. I have a holo-sight, and it is for sale, new in the box, for $200. I bought it to put on a 20" flat-top, but sold the upper and it's sitting on top of my gun safe.
It is this exact model:
www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/specs/51-0021.cfm

email for details: GlockandRoll@austin.rr.com

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:15:16 PM EDT

Yeah, the heavy barrel is the one you want... it's a shame they dont have 16" DMPS stainless heavy-barels that take the A2 FH... that would be GREAT accuracy/weight at this price.

My friend has a cobra on his 308 siaga, it's a VERY limited field of view compared to the holo-sight, but it does look good on the AR. I have a holo-sight, and it is for sale, new in the box, for $200. I bought it to put on a 20" flat-top, but sold the upper and it's sitting on top of my gun safe.
It is this exact model:
www.bushnell.com/products/riflescopes/specs/51-0021.cfm

email for details: GlockandRoll@austin.rr.com

again, Id love to buy one but I dont have the extra $200
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:49:46 PM EDT
Holy shit that essential arms is either a really good buy or a total peice of crap. I like the Superior Arms lower with the trigger travel adjustment
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/28/2006 5:54:02 PM EDT by Foxtrot427]

Originally Posted By ironsight-boy:
Holy shit that essential arms is either a really good buy or a total peice of crap. I like the Superior Arms lower with the trigger travel adjustment

Haha will I havnt heard of it. It is pretty inexpensive. How hard can it be to make a stripped lower.

So whats everyone think about that $700 rifle and those red dot sights?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:48:44 AM EDT
bummpp anyone?
Top Top