Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:00:26 AM EDT
I built an upper not to long ago but never fired it because it is a 14.5 and I am waiting on SBR paperwork. I took my other one that has a fh permintly attacked to 16inches apart and the barrel nut was a lot tighter than the one I put on. In fact when I put the one on the upper it wasnt even with a vice. The gas tube is on now, should I take it appart and fix it? Is it even that big of a deal, the tube holds it in place and the barrel is all the way in?

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:08:21 AM EDT
Not too sound like a 'tard, but you do know jus being in possession of a short barrel with no perm attached FH and jus owning another AR (the two dont have to matted together) is a big No No.

As far as the original question, take it apart and TORQUE it to specs. WHy take a chance on destroying gun parts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:07:40 PM EDT
As for constructive intent, you damn right I have intent to build a SBR... I told them that by sending a form 1 in.

Anyway, I think I will go ahead and pull it appart and do the barrel nut right. Hopefully will get the paperwork back this week. It has been 2 months, they have cashed my check and everything.
Top Top