Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/26/2006 7:00:26 AM EDT
I built an upper not to long ago but never fired it because it is a 14.5 and I am waiting on SBR paperwork. I took my other one that has a fh permintly attacked to 16inches apart and the barrel nut was a lot tighter than the one I put on. In fact when I put the one on the upper it wasnt even with a vice. The gas tube is on now, should I take it appart and fix it? Is it even that big of a deal, the tube holds it in place and the barrel is all the way in?

Thanks

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Not too sound like a 'tard, but you do know jus being in possession of a short barrel with no perm attached FH and jus owning another AR (the two dont have to matted together) is a big No No.

As far as the original question, take it apart and TORQUE it to specs. WHy take a chance on destroying gun parts.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#2]
As for constructive intent, you damn right I have intent to build a SBR... I told them that by sending a form 1 in.

Anyway, I think I will go ahead and pull it appart and do the barrel nut right. Hopefully will get the paperwork back this week. It has been 2 months, they have cashed my check and everything.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top