Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/24/2006 7:30:20 PM EDT
What is the quality of the M and A Parts complete rifle kits? Does everything fit properly and install easily?  How is the accuracy? How is their customer service and delivery time?

I am thinking of ordering a 16" Midlength with an A4 flat top and an A2 buttstock.  This would be my first AR.

Thanks for any insight.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:52:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I would consider something else from one of the dealers on this site or any of the following:

RRA
STAG/CMT
Bushmaster
Colt
CMMG

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to crap all over Jason's post but I've had nothing but good builds and great customer service from M&A. This is both on the phone and in person at the shows. It's great to talk to someone that actually knows their product(s), give help where needed, and provide instant customer support.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an M4gery built on a M&A parts kit. Very nice, no problems so far with over 1k rounds through it. Also have had good customer service with them and fast shipment on my orders. So I think.if they have what yo want, order it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#4]
3rd person with nothing but good to say about M & A parts, I just built a 24 inch varmint/target rifle from a kit purchased thru them, and couldn't be happier!

John
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe their mid-length's are RRA.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:21:42 AM EDT
[#7]
While the above two have had good experinces with them I have had not a single order go right. One order they did not ship for three weeks with no explanation as to why and my credit card was chrarged on the day I placed the order. Another order came and it was someone elses order with my name on it. When I called the guy on the phone was a complete ass and told me that was what I had ordered, and acused me of trying to weasle parts out of them for free. That was the final straw right there.
There are much better people to deal with. "Fer instance,"  Del-Ton is great ! ! ! Give those guys a call. They have shipped every order I have ever placed the same day and since I am in the same state is like having next day shipping for the price of ground. The parts from Del-ton are always top notch. They know what they are doing.

www.del-ton.com/

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:23:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Building my first AR now from a M&A kit on a Stag lower. Everthing looks first rate and Doc at M&A will give great advise on getting your moneys worth.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the info, both positive and negative.

Yes, their Mid lengths are Rock River Arms parts. I've checked out their website and it has alot of information. I really want stories of first hand experiences from people who have dealt with M and A so that I can get an unbiased view of who they are, and you guys are helping alot.

I will check out Del-ton as well.

Please keep your experiences with M and A coming.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:37:49 AM EDT
[#10]
beantamug

I will chime in with a have
I ordered a 16" mid-length kit from M & A a month or so ago, mainly because I wanted a RRA 16" mid-length and NOBODY had them in stock.  I did not want to wait weeks or months for it.  M & A had it, shipped it the next day and I had it within a couple of days.  I called after two days just to verify shipment and get a tracking number.  It was already on the brown truck in my city and i got it a few hours later.  

It is great- RRA marked upper and RRA marked barrel.  All parts are great and the rifle runs flawlessly.  Lower parts (trigger, hammer & springs) might not be as nice as you can find but they actually produce a better single stage trigger than the RRA single stage that came in my lower (too0000 much creep in the RRA).  I subsequently ordered a free float tube from them and the same service occurred.  

I have e-mailed and spoken with Doc over a potential problem with a barrel in the past and he did a great job.  He said send it back and we'll make it right and refund your shipping.  Turns out there was NO problem with the barrel but I liked their approach.

I will also plug DSG Arms in Ft. Worth Texas ( http://dsgarms.com ).  I have placed several orders through them and I have received my gear within 48 hours each time.  Good deals and great service.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
GLOCKShooter,

I had already been to the M and A Parts website, but clicked on your link to show it to a friend. We were suprised to see the site about the Houston Gun Show incident, but very intertained, nonetheless.

I followed the other links on that website to the various discussions on different internet boards about the incident, and apparently other people have had negative experiences with employees(?) or the owner(?) of M and A parts.

I find myself wondering just what role the guy from the Houston incident plays at M and A parts. I see people refering to a "Doc" at M and A and I wonder if this is the same individual that was invovled in the Houston incident.

I have never met anyone from M and A, or even spoke to them on the phone for that matter. I have no idea what kind of people they are, but accounts such as that one certainly give me a pre-concieved idea of what the people behind M and A are like. Even if 9 out of 10 customers are happy with the products and service, one tantrum like the Houston incident is totally unacceptable. Their prices seem great, but after a story like that I don't want to buy from them.

I also noticed that M and A is not listed in the Industry section of AR15.com

Anyone else have any experience with M and A's parts and cutomer service?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I used m+a parts for my first build. The midlength kit is first class. Customer service was great. I had to call them for a tracking num The gentelman on the phone gave me the num , tracked it for me and asked if i needed any advice on the build. Ill definately use m+a on my next build
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Why do the vast majority of posters in this thread have like 10 posts?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]
what are they smoking on the LMT telestock price ? $265.00  !!!!

everywhere else it's around 75 bux.

I'm talking about the 5 positions one not the Crane replica.

smoking crack ??
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:54:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. That's why I don't take too much stock in all these happy customers.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 10:47:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I noticed that as well. That's why I don't take too much stock in all these happy customers.

Happy... employees perhaps?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:23:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Ugh, because somehow my post count reset to zero for some unexplained reason?  Big deal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:53:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I have built three rifles from M&A Part’s kits and I have had nothing but good experiences each time.  The quality of parts, the customer service and the price was right all three times.  I will be ordering another kit from them as soon as I can get the money together.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#19]
FWIW, I have had many happy dealings with M&A (this was all pre-cigar)

Quoted:
> Why do the vast majority of posters in this thread have like 10 posts?

By vast majority do you mean two?  

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He, he, he, nice call.  If you don't have a big post count you CAN'T POSSIBLY have any firearms knowledge or experience.

Tell me, at what post count can I look forward to becoming a non-poser?

RatSass
Nu2Sigs on SIGForum.com you Glock girlie boys
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I bought an MAparts.com kit.  16" midlength.  Called and added a CAR wrench and had the stuff in a timely manner.  No problems here.  Gun works fine.  People on the phone to add the wrench were OK, not great, but fine.  I would order from them again.

Brian
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He, he, he, nice call.  If you don't have a big post count you CAN'T POSSIBLY have any firearms knowledge or experience.

Tell me, at what post count can I look forward to becoming a non-poser?

RatSass
Nu2Sigs on SIGForum.com you Glock girlie boys

Perhaps this might help to explain the hesitance to accept the glowing reports of those with low post counts: it is not unknown on this board for trolls and shills to appear with a great “find” that everyone ought to go check out.

This thread does have an unusual start, one that has been duly noted. Someone with a low post count asks a question about a dealer. Then we find, prior to GLOCKshooter’s post noting the number of low post count members, 7 posts giving said dealer a positive nod. The unusual factor involved? The combined total post count of the +1ers is 448, which works out to an average of 64. That is highly unusual.

If we take the 10 positive posts – including also those that came after GLOCKshooter’s comment – the total of posts by all 10 of those posters is 734, which works out to an average of 73. This is also highly unusual.

This is not meant to assert that any of those posting in favor of this dealer are shills, but anyone who has been on this board for a while is going to weigh these glowing comments from unknowns.

Hope that this helps to explain the wry posts. This thread began in an unusual manner and continues in the same direction.

But who knows where it will head?  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#23]
viator,

That is a nice piece of work.  Seriously.  I'm just kidding around as I was a little surprised when I was absent a while and returned to find my post count at "0" a few months ago.  No biggie in my book.  I was just poking fun at the glock guy.

I think the original poster got what he needed.  I remembered M & A from years ago and looked them up when I needed an upper.  I took a bit of a chance on them and am very satisfied, after several orders.  I heard they were selling RRA stuff and that's what I got (and it works).  Nobody else normally reccomended here had what I needed when I needed it.

There are always two sides to every story, ask anyone who's been divorced!  I'm not excusing any bad behavior but these guys seem to deliver.  Everybody has to make their own decisions as to whom they do business with but nobody at M & A ever gored my ox.  

And, beantamug never asked how we liked them as people or if we would be going back to their house for dinner.

If nothing else I probably have a new signature line-

"One of the vast majority of two"
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#24]
To all who have provided relevent information about M & A, many thanks. I'm not sure how this thread had an unusual start, or what the averageing of post counts of the pros posters has to do with anything... I would like to get into an AR rifle and I'm simply trying to find a good deal from a reputable company that I can trust, so I'm asking questions on a forum that seems to have some knowledgable members.

I do realize that a dealer could start a few new accounts and pose as a satisfied customer, hopefully that rarely happens, but who knows.

There are definitely mixed reviews for M & A. Has anyone else had any experience with M & A? Or, for that matter, does anyone have a different dealer of uppers or kits that they would recommend? What was your experience with that dealer like?

Thanks Again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:12:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
viator,

That is a nice piece of work.  Seriously.  I'm just kidding around as I was a little surprised when I was absent a while and returned to find my post count at "0" a few months ago.  No biggie in my book.  I was just poking fun at the glock guy.

...If nothing else I probably have a new signature line-

"One of the vast majority of two"

It’s always good to have fun.

Enjoy life.

Just don’t have any fun at MY expense.

I hope the thread starter gets what he needs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought there "DCM" competition upper and am totally satisfied with it.

Still have a stock rra trigger in it, gotta get the 2-stage.  EVEN WITH the 8-10# (estimated) trigger pull, I get sub 3" groups at 200 yards with .050" peep.

Tim

PS:  Hopefully my post count is high enough to satisfy the elite who've deigned to post in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#27]
i ordered a 16 inch midlength kit , detent pin and sling,  from them.  recieved the kit three days after ordering,  they upgraded the car stock, that came with the kit, to a m4 stock no charge.  ymmv
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#28]
just did my first build w/ a midlength m&a flat top parts kit and a RR lower, the quality is great.  the upper receiver looks a bit rock riverish.  i heard that they get some of their stuff from rock river and LMT, don't know for sure though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#29]
they do get their middy's from RRA   says right on their website, and I have a middy kit from them to prove it!  
was a nice suprise to open the box from a parts "dealer" and find RRA all over the upper!  
the LPK and the stock was shit though,  but great customer service and promt shipping,  they dont do COD's anymore which means I dont do much buis with them but its cool.  

I like to order it and have it show up 3 days later,  no CC needed,  worth the extra 7.50 to me.  just pay cash for stuff and dont have to wait for it to go and return.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#30]
well i guess i will take my 20+ years of shooting experiance (matchs both highpower and rimfire, benchrest, and my experiance w/ gunsmithing) and keep my damn mouth shut
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#31]
oh look im up to 18 am i still a poser
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Buy from them if you want, but since I was personally involved in the "incident" they will never see a dime again of my money.  As they say, a bad moment can ruin even a long time of good will.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top