Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2006 5:20:36 PM EDT
I am starting another build, and my search-fu could not find an answer to my question:
Can I install an older A1 Triangular handguard on a new 20"barrel? Any barrel profile better for fit?
If not, what would I need to do to make the triangular handguards fit onto the delta ring and FSB mounting?

Thanks for any guidance that you may have...
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:03:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the samequestion. This may be my next build.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:21:37 AM EDT
[#2]
You'll need the proper handguard cap on the FSB for starters.....

Mike
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I knew it would probably just not drop in, damn.
Alright, thanks Mr_Wilson for the info.
I will check out some places online for such a thing...

If anyone else has any leads or knows what the part is called/where to buy, it would be most appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#4]
It may indeed just drop in. When you get your 20" barrel, if you order it new, make sure it has the triangular handguard cap with it. Most (if not all) of the 20" AR's I've looked at had this. This is all you need to fit the Triangular handguards. The Delta ring is the same.

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

Oh, by the way, My son's A1 has a heavy barrel under the triangles, and there is still a lot of room so I don't think barrel profile will be a concern.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It may indeed just drop in. When you get your 20" barrel, if you order it new, make sure it has the triangular handguard cap with it. Most (if not all) of the 20" AR's I've looked at had this. This is all you need to fit the Triangular handguards. The Delta ring is the same.

Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken.

Oh, by the way, My son's A1 has a heavy barrel under the triangles, and there is still a lot of room so I don't think barrel profile will be a concern.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your info
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:01:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, given your screen name, just call Bushie up and order the garden variety A2 barrel (A BBL-20A2A).

Will take either type HG.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top