Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/21/2006 5:54:23 PM EDT
Hey all, looking to get a CMT/STAG upper and attach the Bushmaster 24" chrome lined heavy barrel pictured here:
http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/pbbl-24a.asp

Will be putting this handguard on:
http://globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=35&prd=39

And I would like a low profile gas block like this one (its about half way down, look for the greenish looking rear sight setup, it has the top rail and optional bottom rail which i'll need to mount my bipod):
http://www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm

Still would need a gas tube and bolt (not sure who's bolt yet, i'll read up more on that later).
Problem is, will all this shit fit together???  Anything I'm missing for a complete upper??
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/barrel-assemblies/pbbl-24a.asp
globaltactical.com/axami/shop.php?grd=35&prd=39
www.fulton-armory.com/M6Parts3.htm

OK... And that was helpful HOW?

*UPDATE* Also, I'll need a gas tube (not sure what length being a 24" barrel, and would I need any rings/whatever to attach the bushy barrel to the Stag upper??
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#3]
All those parts are gonna run you over $600 , and you still need to put it together right.

Also , you REALLY don't want to attach a bipod to a gas block on a Freefloated Barrel do you?
 (Not conducive to accuracy)

Take a look at this--www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/purvmb24fvar9.asp

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:51:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
All those parts are gonna run you over $600 , and you still need to put it together right.

Also , you REALLY don't want to attach a bipod to a gas block on a Freefloated Barrel do you? his--www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/post-ban/purvmb24fvar9.asp

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/Images/purvmb24fvar9.jpg

Yes good point about the block! However, I've looked at all the bushmaster uppers and that one has a useless handguard i'd rip off, the barrel is fluted and I dont want a fluted barrel, the gas block would be changed too... Pretty much alot of that stuff i would end up replacing anyways. I have all the parts listed i want, its just figuring out any missing pieces or if they'll fit correctly. Already for the upper and all that shit, then the lower with the Magpul PRS stock i'm looking at close to $1000 provided nothing else is needed. The reason why is i'm building something that looks like the PSG-1 because I love those guns!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top