Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/20/2006 4:58:36 PM EDT
Are all stripped lowers created equal in regards to quality?  Im looking to build my first AR and really have no knowledge of who makes quality rifles/parts outside of the big 3 - Bushy, Armalite and Colt.   Also, is there an idustry standard on design and dimensions which enables a seamless mix matching of brand name uppers, lowers, barrels, etc?  (ie: will any brand lower work with any brand upper etc?)

Any tips, input, or links on inexpensive quality lowers and part kits would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#1]
The most popular stripped lowers here on the board are the Stag and Rock River Arms lowers. Two of the most popular kit sellers are J&T Distributing and Del-Ton. Kits purchased from these two companies are of excellent quality and you shouldn’t have any problems building a rifle with these combos. As far as lower receivers, check the E n’ E board for dealers. The industry sect has links for J &T and Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster, RRA and Stag are the top three on my list.  My favorite is RRA.  I get most of my stuff from Rainier Arms

Brian
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:07:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a Superior Arms lower for my first build that I am just finishing up on.  It has a nice smooth  finish and my CMT trigger parts kit fit into it nice and snug.  I bought the lower from  rbprecision.com and they shipped fast with no problems.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Stag, Mega, Oly, RRA, Bushy, Colt, DPMS, and many many others..

Are all fine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't go wrong with Stag aka CMT.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
AMEETEC also makes some very nice stripped lower receivers.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used three Mega lowers in builds.  All have been very nice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want the  best u should get Colt or Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you want the  best u should get Colt or Bushmaster.

I think you mean if he wants non-spec FCG pin holes.
Besides, Colt doesn't sell stripped lowers anyway.
Bushy stripped lowers are a ripoff, IMO.
Way to pricey.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I've had good luck with RRA lowers. Have a Stag on order now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#11]
these are my new favorites GTS lowers made for Denny by CMT/STAG
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top