Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 8:02:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/19/2006 2:05:21 PM EDT by skuld]
Howdy,

I've got a Fulton Armory "Handguard Float Tube, N.M., CMP/DCM Legal (includes gas tube)" It's the kind that will let you use regular handguards on top of it.

Swapped the barrels on my uppers around and figured it was a good time to install it. But, umm... how? Anyone have instructions? I already figured out that I needed to grind off the sling swivel from the FSB, and did that.

Edited to add:

Got it mostly installed.

The frikin free float tube is larger than the inner diameter of my armorer's wrench, so I can't seem to get the barrel nut to tighten enough.

I see that Fulton Armory sells a "Armorer's Float Tube Wrench, perfect for Fulton Armory's float tubes!" but it looks like it would not work on this one, because how would I get the closed circle over the free float tube? Gah!

The unit came with _no_ instructions, and the FAQ on their webpage is useless, and they aren't open on the weekends. Gah again!

Thanks,

-Mike

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:48:18 AM EDT
I saw in another thread that DPMS has one of their wrenches on sale. Anyone know if this wrench will work on the Fulton Armory free float tube that I have? It says it can "Install and disassemble Free Float Tubes"

Or do i need this one? "Used to install most free float tubes to upper. Made from steel plate with two wrenching pins."

This is the wrench that I have currently.

Thanks,

-Mike
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:03:11 AM EDT
skuld

You'll have to get the DPMS multipurpose tool - you use the collapsible stock cutout to tighten the lock ring on the barrel screw. If you look at the lock ring, you'll notice a small dimple in the ring. This engages the nipple on the wrench to tighten/loosen. Apply some blue locktite to the float tube and the lock ring so that it all stays put.

Viper
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 8:01:46 PM EDT
Got the DPMS wrench today.

Took a while, but finally figured out how to get everything together properly.

Now I just need to trim down a set of handguards to fit.

Here's a semi-blurry picture:

gallery.gandalf23.com/gunz/DCP_0039

Thanks for the help!
Top Top