Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/18/2006 7:16:06 PM EDT
I have a RRA stripped lower and would like to turn it into a varmint rifle. This is my first AR build and I would appreciate any recommendations for a kit or an upper and lower (parts) combination.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
First thing is to get a match trigger. I like the RRA  but there are a lot of choices. Definitely go with a free float tube. I recommend a stainless barrel.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you want to build the upper from parts, or get a complete upper?  

And second, how serious do you want to go?  Do you want an all out 24" stainless bohemoth, or something a little more versatile.

White Oak Armament has some pretty nice stuff that has tempted me on more than one occasion.  They'd be a great source for a quality barrel.  (or I think they have complete uppers as well)

A good bolt, barrel, FF forearm, and trigger should be all the special stuff you need.  Everything else should be business as usual, pick what you like.

Gundraw
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top