Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/16/2006 2:04:24 PM EDT
I think i've exhausted my resources in the attemps of trying to locate someone selling LMT M4 A3 14.5"uppers with a Phantom 5C2 permanantly attached (to bring it to 16", i'm in Cali)...especially someone who accepts American Express. If anybody you know has them in stock, please let me know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:33:31 PM EDT
Did you try the sellers at the Equipment Exchange of this site?

Which dealers did you ask that didn't have them?

You should try and ask Denny's Global Tactical, ADCO Firearms, Legal Transfers and other dealers in the Industry section.

Sometimes they are sold out and out of stock but just wait for the next batch.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 4:21:30 PM EDT by LbBlackJeep]
Lets see, i've tried Bravo Company (they're out and don't install phantoms), GrandrTactical has them but the standard A2 Flash suppressor (they don't install either), Legal Transfers has them in stock but without the Phantom, just sent ADCO an email, so we'll see. I just dont want to buy one and get in trouble...i guess bushmaster is going to be my only option, however they don't use M4 feedramps. I would like to have M4 feedramps just for that added piece of mind, but if I can't find an LMT 14.5" upper with a phantom, then I guess i'm just S.O.L. How
**EDIT**
Crap, they don't take AMEX.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:36:33 PM EDT
You should try Denny of Global Tactical Supply, they usually install the Phantom FS on uppers.

The best way of contacting him is with his cell phone number (see below) or e-mail him using his website e-mail system.

From his website note:

"Important! Due to the volume of phone calls phone orders will be answered from 10am to 1pm CET, Tue to Thu ONLY, technical questions or product inquires will be answered Mo through Fri, 9am to 4pm CET. Thank you for understanding."

Cell: 816 809 9452

Shop:816 221 9117 Ext. 11

GlobalTactical.com website link

Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:37:28 PM EDT
Too bad, I only have LMT 16" upper assembly for sale. (L7UB1).

I think it's OK to buy 14.5" upper assembly in CA. As long as not attach to a lower half.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:51:39 PM EDT
I'll try Global Tactical but they are showing they are out of stock of the 14.5"...hinking.gif
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:55:38 PM EDT
LMT has never made an M4A3 upper. They have made M4 uppers though.

Terminolgy is very important. An M16A3 is an A2 in all respects but the auto trigger. There is no sucj thing as an M4A3.

Now you know. Good luck.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:08:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 5:09:53 PM EDT by LbBlackJeep]
Well, thanks for the education...but apparently nobody has a problem understanding what I'm talking about. When i say M4 upper, they know I want an M4 profile barrel and when I say A3 upper receiver, they know I want a flatop upper. But I sure am glad irrelevent post just added to your 23,000+ posts. But here is some education for you dear:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16A3

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:35:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/16/2006 6:37:06 PM EDT by FlamingGlory]

Originally Posted By LbBlackJeep:
Well, thanks for the education...but apparently nobody has a problem understanding what I'm talking about. When i say M4 upper, they know I want an M4 profile barrel and when I say A3 upper receiver, they know I want a flatop upper. But I sure am glad irrelevent post just added to your 23,000+ posts. But here is some education for you dear:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Carbine

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16A3

Because that is what alot of commercial companies use as their designation (except RRA and LMT IIRC). The articles you just posted back up what he said btw. Nobody is going to have them "in stock" anyway because LMT doesn't make an upper with phantoms installed.

Denny's Guns/Global Tactical will help you out. Wouldnt hurt to send an email even if they are out of 14.5" uppers at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:05:07 PM EDT
I got these posts in great part by educating noobs such as yourself, just as so many members of this site educated me when I came on board.

An A3 upper is identical to an M16A2 upper. You want the A4 upper, commonly known as the flat top.

That said, you should look into Bravo Company uppers. They should be roughly equal to LMT- maybe even better. ADCO can do the permanent attaching for you.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 7:26:57 PM EDT
Anyways...http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif

I think I might have a hookup from www.tenpercentfirearms.com, he might have one available for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 10:30:31 PM EDT
Teknic as well.
Top Top