Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2006 11:27:12 AM EDT
My question is this if you have the ability to create your own weapon for your own use for example
AR SBR or  AOW device  are you required to get proper documents for registration before you start to create your weapon built mainly from scratch other than common components trigger parts and springs? I am asking this because what if your idea wont work?  Or do they even need to be registered if you create them for your self?  Example would be the kt15  how many people actually register them with ATF as SBR's or long guns?  

1. Would you need to register a AOW you made from scratch?
2. Do KT15 have to be registered? What im asking is what if you Got stopped by LE and had it in vehicle and it had no serial numbers?

From what i understand on form 1 is it must be done prior to building?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats kinda what i thought but what if it was a legal length rifle with out serial number?
Legaly arent they all supposed to have a form one even if its a KT15?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#3]
AK 47 are built all the time with reciever starting out as "flats". From what I understand it isn't illegal to build, but it is illegal to sell. Of course it still has to fit leagal standards-barrel length, overall length ect..
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as the gun is a legal (non-NFA) weapon, you are not required to mark it in any way whatsoever.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As long as the gun is a legal (non-NFA) weapon, you are not required to mark it in any way whatsoever.

Correct.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top