Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:11:30 AM EDT
Should you be able to pivot the upper into the lower via the front pivot pin with no resistance?  My cause my Model 1 upper's rear take down hinge gets resitance going down into the Vulcan lower.  Is this normal?  I'm about to sand down the lower to take the upper or should I sand down the rear take down hinge so that it slides down into the lower?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Should you be able to pivot the upper into the lower via the front pivot pin with no resistance?  My cause my Model 1 upper's rear take down hinge gets resitance going down into the Vulcan lower.  Is this normal?  I'm about to sand down the lower to take the upper or should I sand down the rear take down hinge so that it slides down into the lower?

AS long as you can snap 'em together without slamming them around every time you are ok.  I have had some M16's that were a friggin BITCH and they never had a problem....but it makes life a lot easier when you don't have to stand on the upper to get the two to hook up.

I'd leave 'em be.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Just like with pussy, tight is a good thing......

Mike
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I have thme both mated perfectly with the front pivot pin in.  But the next problem is the freakn rear take down pin won't go in.  Thinking of filing the rear take down pin down a little bit.  I do not want to ream the rear take down pin whole out.  Guess filing down the rear pin is better.  By the way the reason I want the upper to pivot smoothly is because I have one of those Cali legal AR's so I need to do this to reload it from the top.  Is sanding down inside the lower a good idea?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Model 1 and Vulcan.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Is sanding down inside the lower a good idea?

Not if you have the option of sanding down a $3 pin instead.

flcracker
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Model 1 and Vulcan.

Enough said as far as I'm concerned....
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure the buffer tube isn't protruding into the lower so the upper can't match up. It doesn't take much- a millimeter or so will give you that problem.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top