Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/28/2006 6:54:40 AM EDT
Crossroads gunshow comin' thru Denver this weekend. I am buildin' a AR lower (my 1st) I have bought the tools, Lower reciever, and stock assembly. Only thing left is complete Lower Parts Kit. If anyone out there can answer this ; Do you think there will be a vendor w/ complete parts kits or vendors w/ parts here and there ? Also will these parts be less than what I can find normally or will the usual "flea-market" bartering be the norm ? I also will be on the lookout for a complete bolt assembly, should I expect to find these items there ? I have been to a couple of gunshows before but that was before I "needed" anything at one. If anyone can answer these simple questions I'd appreciate it.

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:18:29 AM EDT
i went to a gun show in december and i saw a vendor with LPKs, bolt carrier groups, uppers, and basicaly everything but stripped lowers. i didnt have the black rifle disorder then so i didnt realy check prices but you'll probably find what you need there. I dont know if'd try and bargain too much most of the stuff ive bought at gun shows has already been considerably cheaper than at a retail store.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:36:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:30:07 PM EDT
I've just about given up on Crossraods gun shows. I went to one in SLC last month and there were so many crafts and china and cooking things that my wife had more fun than I did.

This time around there were a number of dealers selling guns, but very few with the variety of parts that I usually go to the shows for. In fact, I was looking for an oversided safety for my Rem 870; an adjustable v block, magnum crarging handle and extended mag release for my Ruger 10/22 and a forward grip w/ flashlight mount for my AR. Didn't see any of them... pretty strange.

I think from now on I'll spend the $8.00 in gas and drive to Ogden to a couple of dealers that actually carry that kind of stuff regularly.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:36:09 AM EDT
I quit going to gunshows looking for quality products. Do yourself a favor and save your money and time and buy a LPK from a reputiable vender off of here, that way you know for a fact what your getting. I learned from a "DPMS" upper that I bought before I found this board and knew to look for barrel markings. Luckily it shoots great but I have no idea what it is.

Ive heard bad horror stories of vendors buying Colt rifles and pulling the LPKs and bolts out and replacing the parts with Model 1 sales parts then selling the rifle for full Colt price and selling the bolt and LPKs for full colt price.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:59:30 AM EDT
I started my first build last year around October. Got the lower at a local shop (Doublestar, $89), and then went to a local gunshow in Lexington..got a LPK (PantherArms/DPMS, $40) and a generic m4 stock ($30). Pretty happy with them both.

Got another show this weekend in Lex...time to go find my complete upper (keeping fingers crossed).

...just my experience...-Jbot
Top Top