Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:07 PM EDT
I am looking at getting one of these and the only difference I see is the barrel and the carry handle. Is there any difference between the 2?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:16:46 PM EDT
Actually there is no difference but the barrel profile. You can get either one in the flat-top or A2 configurations. Same quality. Same company. It's just a matter of looks. I would suggest the chrome lining option. Though it is not an absolute requirement (either way the barrel will probably outlast the owner) chrome lining does make cleaning easier.

Del-Ton is a good company and will treat you well.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:08:36 PM EDT
If you click on the gun with the carry handle, there is an option for the flat top and it doesnt cost a thing. However the first on with the flat top on their page is $10 more.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:39:14 PM EDT
flattops are sometimes cheaper than a2s because if you want iron sights it costs 80 for a carring handle or like 80 just for iron sights
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:18:55 PM EDT
The second configuration, the RKT101, states that each barrel is "Heavy". The RKT100, which starts out at $10 more, states that each barrel is an "M4" barrel. The barrel pictures look different as well.

http://www.del-ton.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=80

straightShot
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:11:51 AM EDT
Hey guys...check out www.centerfiresystems.com....they have a removable carry handle for $40. Got one last week and now I'm waiting on a Sabre recce upper.

The handle is not the prettiest thing in the world, but it works and feels like any other handle I've seen. And for $40, it can get you shooting your new flattop until you can afford the BUIS.

-JBot
Top Top