Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 4:05:26 PM EDT
Any thoughts on charging handles? Any one better than the others, or are they all pretty much the same? Forged or cast?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
PRI Gas Buster.

All other pale in comparison.

Yeah, all others may pale in comparison, but they all work.

It pulls the bolt/carrier back... then you let go.  What else does it need to do?

The extended thingies are nice if you have junk that gets in the way of a normal handle, but I'm perfectly happy with a normal cheap-ass charging handle.  I don't have a problem with gas (from my gun).

ETA: As for forged or cast?  I didn't know their was a difference.  The thing only comes in contact with a moving part when you're pulling on it, I've put several thousand rounds through my AR-15 and the charging handle looks the same as it did when I bought it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
sometimes you need to beat down on the charging handle when you have a round stuck or what not.

there are some that are cheap pot metal that would break if pulled on wrong. buy from a reputable dealer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Dunno. I use a DPMS Miculek Steel charging handle with a Badger
Ordnance Tac-Latch. I'm pretty happy with the combo....

Sam
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top