Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:38:47 AM EDT
Where can I find an action block other than Bushmaster, I realy dont want to spend neirly $50.00 on one. Also, is there a way to vise the upper without one? Perhaps a couple blocks of wood? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Get an action block.

www.bravocompanyusa.com/Page5.html

If you have a flat top upper... some do vise it between the flat upper rail and the two flat bottom pieces.  I just dont see the big deal.... an action block is just a few boxes of decent ammo.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, thats what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#3]
ADCO, BravoCompanyUSA and others on the Idustry forum sells them.

But given your comments, I'd suggest ya forget building your own as you have the wrong mindset.

Mike

ps - NO, I would "not" use a couple blocks of wood.

FWIW, $50 ain't shit for a product that will last you, your children and your grandchildren the rest of their lives (provided ofcourse it's take care of), but then when it comes to "tools", whether for firearms or other mechanical uses, I don't advise the "cheap" route, as ya get what ya pay for and deserve it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]

If you have a flat top upper... some do vise it between the flat upper rail and the two flat bottom pieces.  I just dont see the big deal.... an action block is just a few boxes of decent ammo.

+1

I did mine this way and everything worked out fine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for your input Sd_Kfz_182 and FALARAK I appreciate it. I am building on a budget and want to find the best deals I can and Bushmaster seems to overprice alot of their stuff, as for mr WILSON and your stupid comments I am not trying to sell myself short on getting good tools, just trying to find a better source for them or find out if another way would work, but hey, thanks for being a jackass anyways.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Excuse my ignorance, i'm still learning, but what is the purpose of an action block?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 6:37:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Opinions vary, for my money Bushmaster and Armalite AR15/M16 tools and products are top notch quality, always have been. I've seen the cheaper tools and they are not of the same quality IMO.

Your welcome,
Mike

ps -

Excuse my ignorance, i'm still learning, but what is the purpose of an action block?

At the top of this forum are "Tacked" threads that will enlighten you to their use, pics included, should help ya out with this question......
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Fulton armory has the 3 piece set for $39
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Something You're forgetting as well, that is if you don't intend on building more..  Put it up for sale in the EE tools section and watch how fast it gets snagged, could probably sell it for $5.00 less than what you paid..

John P..
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top