Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/22/2006 2:40:08 PM EDT
Hi,

Building my first AR and will be buying a rear stock assembly.  Is it worth the $15 to upgrade to a hydraulic buffer over the spring system?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've no experience with a hydraulic one, but the spring one works fine for me and most people I know.

It's also handy as once you get used to the noise you can tell when your magazine is empty by the sound the rifle makes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you much.  I haven't even fired an AR yet.  I bought a PLR-16 a month ago and love the thing.  But it told be it needed a friend.  So I figured an AR might keep it company.  It didn't like my AK too much, I have to keep them seperated.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I hope you enjoy it!
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Most hydraulic buffers are a lot more than $15, so if you can get one for that price don't pass it up, I have an Enidine Hyd. buffer in my carbine, it reduces the recoil somewhat, and muzzle rise but there isn't much recoil anyway, so they aren't a must have kinda thing, but for that price get it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually it is a $15 add-on option.  They keep the spring buffer when you purchase the stock assembly but give you a hydraulic one for an extra $15.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#6]
With an enidine hyd. buffer you still need the spring, and they run around $80, if you can get a hydraulic buffer for $15 I would get it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top