Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 4:04:05 PM EDT
I ordered a Jard from Midway,   If anyone has installed this trigger and cares to post a step by step guide I would appreciate it.  

Yes I ran Search before I posted this.

2/17/06

Ok I got the trigger and have got it half way installed, let me start from the beginning,

The hole in the lower was to tight for the trigger to fit through so I relieved it just enough for the trigger to fit, the screw hole for the pistols grip screw is where the sear adjustment screw goes, this hole was not threaded all the way through so I chased it out with the appropriate sized tap.

I installed the trigger, and adjusted the over travel set screw per the instructrions

Then I installed the hammer, and the sear engagement screw also per instructions

Then I adjusted the disconnect screw per instructions

The problem is occuring in the next step when I install the safety adjustment screw I can not get the safety to work it will fire in safe or in fire or in the all the way back position. I tried putting the safety detent back in and the spring and reinstall the pistol grip, that didnt work. If I get it to where it will not release in SAFE it wont release in FIRE, I can not feal that the safety is doing anything other than turning freely it doesnt feel as though the safety is doing anything other than turning freely, should the safety push the sear forward to catch the hammer in the safe position and release it in the fire position? Do I back the safety adjustment screw out until it contacts the safety when I turn it? Is that what causes the safety to work? Please any help would be greatly appreciated.

2/17/06  take two  

Well if anyone is interested I am pretty sure Ihave this thing whipped, doesnt fire on safety, it does fire on fire. Under very physical manipulation of the BC via CH the hammer does not follow the bolt, and if you slam the butt on the ground it will not release the trigger, How else should I test it befor eI try live fire. Pulling up on the hammer with m y finger will not release it either.

2/26/06

Finally got to test the new trigger out today,  I had not loctited anything down because I wasnt sure how it would work in live fire, after every round the disconnect adjustment screw would back off enough to not allow the hammer to disconect, but eveything worked great for the 3 shots I fired.
took it home loctited everything down and will try to get back to the range again tomorrow.  If it works properly with loctite I am going to love this trigger it has no creep, its smooth, and very little over travel.  Deffinately not a trigger for newbies keep your finger out of the trigger guard when your not ready to fire.  If you bump it, it will go off.

2/27
Well It still didnt work right I fired a couple rounds and it jammed I am pretty sure the bolt is rubbing on the hammer and this what is causing the jam.   It didnt do it everytime so I decided to put a few rounds threw it and see if it worked itself out.   After about 6 rounds it went FA on me, before I could get my finger off the trigger it ripped off 6 rounds.  When I let go of the trigger it stopped.  I pulled the trigger again and got a double.  After that I put the gun in the bag and went home.  I am going to mess with the Sear Engagemnt Screw, but I am starting to get tired of this thing already.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for helping out and I did an ARFCOM Search Search, guess I should have done a Google search search, I need to improve my search search fu
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Just an FYI I tried to install a Jard 2 pound adjustable trigger and could never get it to work properly. Tried for 3 weeks with no luck. The hammer would follow the bolt forward. Returned it to Brownells and got a JP trigger that went right in. This is just my experience with this trigger not an attempt to bash Jard.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just an FYI I tried to install a Jard 2 pound adjustable trigger and could never get it to work properly. Tried for 3 weeks with no luck. The hammer would follow the bolt forward. Returned it to Brownells and got a JP trigger that went right in. This is just my experience with this trigger not an attempt to bash Jard.

Well hopefully this one works, if it doesnt thats what I get for buying before posting eh?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#5]
info moved to first post
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
moved to first post
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I am interested in the results. Please let me know how it works at the range. As I said I could not get mine to work that does not mean they will not work. I would really like a 2 pound reliable trigger.  I just may have been to stupid to adjust it properly.

Good luck at the range let me know.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Ill let you know dusty nut it may be a little while, I am having trouble with some other issues now.  I am rebuilding my AR for the 3rd time and some mistakes I made the 2nd time are kicking my ass now.  as soon as I get the whole thing together Ill be heading straight to the range, and post results.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#9]
BTT for anyone interested in this trigger
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:26:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Im interested in the results of a 2lbs trigger. that seems awefully LIGHT IMO> Would make Doubletaps fun for sure.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
This is on a Match Rifle
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this is exactly what i experienced.  same trigger - same weight - same problem.  returned it to brownell's for a chip mccormick 3lb flat and absolutely love it.  

the two pound unit was ultra light - the point it was scary.  according to my trigger pull guage it was a little inconsistent too - it broke at weights all around two pounds.  i might buy another one in a higher weight to try again, but i'm doubting it'll be anytime soon.

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I also met a SEAL today at the range, after looking my rig over he said he didnt need an ACOG because he wasnt in the teams anymore.  Man these guys are everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I installed a Jard 2 lbs on my SBR.  took about 20 min of adjustment. but so far it has been 100%
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top