Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 3:13:41 AM EDT
Now know this before hand. I am 100% new to AR's and currently do not own one. I plan to change this, but being on a limited budget I am looking for a cheap start. I have been looking at a Norinco (hold the boos & hisses) and am wondering if anyone has any constructive opinions on if the Norinco is a good basis for future enhancements and/or "fiddling". Remember I am starting out and a Norinco is super cheap compared to the ABCD's....

Thanks,
Jarlath
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:18:14 AM EDT
[#1]
You are aware that we have an AK section here?

Nothing wrong with AKs, IMO, although you'll get better advice on them, over in the AK Forum.

FWIW, like all forums don't pass up reading the TACKED topics as they are there for fellas like yourself, wishing to get up to speed....

Mike

ps - welcome aboard,
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought I read somewhere that Norinco does make AR's. Arn't those sold in Canada? I'm pretty sure someone was talking about them being sold in Russia.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I thought I read somewhere that Norinco does make AR's.

You thought correct. From Fulton's Web Site:

www.fulton-armory.com/PatternRoom.htm

Sorry Jarlath, other than the fact that Norinco did make AR’s I know nothing of the quality.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
How much are the Norinco AR's?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
i know i shouldn't write this, but...

norinco?  and AR?  

i don't like seeing them in the same sentence....

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i know i shouldn't write this, but...

norinco?  and AR?  

i don't like seeing them in the same sentence....

septic tank

Norinco and 1911 is kind of a hard one to swallow to ;) Same with Norinco M14... but both are fine weapons and when they were being imported people that couldn't afford a real Colt or M1A could at least still buy quality. Now these chi/com things cost as much as some of the American stuff
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:44:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes. I am a silly Canuck, EH? Thanks for the input, I wasn't sure of the Norinco CQ-311 (aka AR-15 clone) and how widespread it was in North America. I knew that Norinco's are supra- cheap up here in Canada (www.marstar.ca is the main importer here); the AR version is not so common... Look at an Armalite standard AR-15 20" plain jane and you can be looking at $1200-1500 used Canadian ($1000-1200 US). A Norinco CQ-311 clone, NEW, is about $750 Canadian ($600 US). Heck Up here the M-14S Norinco Clone is $400 Canadian NEW and from what I have heard the only difference on them vs the original is the flash hider threads for part interchangability. The other Canucks I deal with who are ABCD AR guys (and seem to have more money than a life outside of the range) told me to ask about them here, so I guess I'm in limbo for info....

We won't even mention Norinco 1911 Commander clones for under $350 Canadian ($280 US)...

Thanks for all the input.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I had no idea Norinco made AR clones.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top