Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2006 11:43:39 PM EDT
I have to ask because it's been driving me nuts.

I was having a real issue with my FSB.  However, during one instance that I was punching them out, I had a mishap with my FF Lightweigth YHM forearm.  

I always "block" my FSB between the jaws of a vice covered with a rag.  Well, unknown to me, the upper slipped over so that the FF Forearm was lying on the vice jaws.  I didn't notice until after I struck the punch with the hammer.  

Could it have damaged anything without me seeing it?  Could this have wollowed out the upper reciever to where accuracy could have been effected?  The barrel still feels tight, the barrel is still centered in the forearm.

This is the just the paranoid side of me.  Maybe I don't give the durability of these AR's enough credit.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#1]
does not sound like any thing is broken. They are strong ! Just go shoot it!

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#2]
throw it away
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Depends.
Do you have brass marks on your brass deflector?
It sounds like it should be ok to me.
Go shoot it!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top