Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/2/2006 8:47:46 PM EDT
I sure like the look of them. Is the carbon fiber as strong as an aluminium railed free floater? I want to put together an SPRish dissipator. I'm sold on the pri's wieght and looks but, i don't want to sacrifice on durability.

Thanks Oy
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:24:48 PM EDT
The PRI tube is plenty durable. No sacrifice required. Carbon fiber is used in aircraft and automobile applications.......very strong stuff.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:32:01 AM EDT
Clark and Briley make a carbon fiber tube for about a third of the cost of PRI. I have both Clark and Briley. Both are great. I prefer the Clark, because it is just a bit thinner.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:35:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AtlantaFireman:
Clark and Briley make a carbon fiber tube for about a third of the cost of PRI. I have both Clark and Briley. Both are great. I prefer the Clark, because it is just a bit thinner.

linky ?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:20:04 PM EDT
I can say they are extremely strong and relatively light. I got the black painted rifle length for my spr barrel and just got done putting it together. I used a troy low pro block but had to grind 1/32" off of one of the top rail screws so it wouldn't hit. The only issue I have now is making sure the ff nut is tight. I have the dpms wrench but I opted for a leather belt without much luck. I just don't want to bugger it up!
Top Top