Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/1/2006 7:45:28 AM EDT
Does anyone know if the YHM-9432A gets hot when fired?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
somewhat but not as hot as regular handguards get, mine wouldnt get hot to the point where i couldnt touch it till about 2-300rds shot in a string. i got mine from brightflashlights in the industry forum, he's a yhm dealer and has great prices and shipping.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
somewhat but not as hot as regular handguards get, mine wouldnt get hot to the point where i couldnt touch it till about 2-300rds shot in a string. i got mine from brightflashlights in the industry forum, he's a yhm dealer and has great prices and shipping.

+1 to Brightflashlights.

Far and away probably the best prices on YHM I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:55:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Is shooting 200 rounds an hour going to be enough to cause the handguard to be noticeable warm then?

ANd I realize Brightflashlights is the best place to buy, I'm just trying to learn more about the parts before I commit to spending the money.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#4]
any and all metal freefloat or railed handguards get hot.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is shooting 200 rounds an hour going to be enough to cause the handguard to be noticeable warm then?

Maybe 200 rounds in a matter of min. Then it will get hot to the touch. 200 rounds and hour is only about 3 rounds a min. there is no way your handguard will get to hot to touch shooting that slow. I doubt the barrel will even get that hot shooting 3 rounds per min.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
ive had handguards get way hotter from being in the sun than from firing.  nomex flight gloves.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top