Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 7:58:30 PM EDT
Is there a big difference between these two companies A1 Uppers?  The Fulton is about $15 more.  What are the pros and cons of each?  Is there any other company I should look at?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
PatG.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've heard they may be the same uppers, Fulton buys them from DPMS or something.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 9:21:40 PM EDT
[#2]
are you getting the one with the brass deflector and forward assist? dont think dpms offers the slabside uppers anymore.

Link Posted: 2/1/2006 3:08:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe Fulton is the only ones offering a slabside M16 style upper receiver.  I bought one for a project from them, it worked out very well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I’m very happy with the A1 style upper I purchased from Bushmaster. Only draw back is I wasn’t looking for an upper with brass deflector, no one else had what I wanted in stock. You might check with Del-Ton.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#5]
think delton has stop offering the uppers as well. spoke with someone about it not too long ago.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
think delton has stop offering the uppers as well. spoke with someone about it not too long ago.

Yea, if I remember correctly I think I suggested Del-Ton to you as well. Too bad they stopped selling those uppers.  
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:42:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the help guys.  I wasn't really wanting the forward assist or the brass deflector.  So I guess I pretty well made my own mind of then, didn't I?  

So, Fulton comes highly recommended?  Thanks again.

Regards,
PatG.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the help guys.  I wasn't really wanting the forward assist or the brass deflector.  So I guess I pretty well made my own mind of then, didn't I?  

So, Fulton comes highly recommended?  Thanks again.

Regards,
PatG.

Brownells has a slick-sided A1 upper. Mine just came in today for my retro build.

Whisky19
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top