Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:26:24 AM EDT
I tried doing a search and nothing turned up.  Does anyone have a list of SPR specific parts i would need to build one.  This will be my second build, and i really like the SPR's.

I want to build one before i get deployed to PATFOR SWA (USCG).  any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Offhand, it's getting so there are as many SPR variants lately as there are makers of AR's. The SPR started out (best as I can remember) with a WOA Douglas 18" bbl (ADCO firearms has these in stock last I checked), PRi forend/gas block w/BUIS, Harris bipod and I believe the original scope was a Leupold, but I don't recall the exact model. The muzzle brake was a proprietary design by OPS, Inc. The brake was a 2-port design with a collar which could be screwed off the brake for mounting the "special" OPS Inc suppressor which came as part of the overall SPR package supplied to the military.

Wes at MSTN has all the exact specs of the original and its many variants...such as the Marine variant which useda KAC M5 RAS forend. Shoot him an email and he'll be able to hook you up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your help.  I really appreciate it
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you read the Wikipedia article?

There are two main variants that I'm aware of, the Mark 12 Mod 0:

by MSTN

by ADCO

and the Mark 12 Mod 1:

by MSTN?

Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top