Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:01:24 PM EDT
Just picked these 2 barrels up today from Douglass Barrels for 2 projects I have in the works.20" Chrome-moly, 1/8 twist.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you dont mind me askin what did those set you back. I am new to the board and from the Charleston area also. As a matter of fact my father used to work for Douglas back in 1967.  I have several guns I have collected over the years with Douglas barrells and have always been satisfied with thier quality.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you dont mind me askin what did those set you back. I am new to the board and from the Charleston area also. As a matter of fact my father used to work for Douglas back in 1967.  I have several guns I have collected over the years with Douglas barrells and have always been satisfied with thier quality.

I traded Timmy Gardner "Owner of Douglas"one of my hand-made knives for the set of barrels.I'll find out the cost of one and let you know.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, Ive known Timmy for a long time, back since my father worked thier. I think I will call Freddy Dupoy and see If I can arange a couple for myself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You can't go wrong with a Douglas.  The company will even custom profile.  Sure it will cost more than a standard production barrel, BUT the bore will be straight and centered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You can't go wrong with a Douglas.  The company will even custom profile.  Sure it will cost more than a standard production barrel, BUT the bore will be straight and centered.

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder how much a medium contour middy would run?

BTW, are those barrels ready to go? Probably not headspaced right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Just picked these 2 barrels up today from Douglass Barrels ----

You Lucky Man    
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are sweet!  Another Charleston area native checking in and curious about cost.

I been wanting to build up a Remington 700 with a Douglas barrel but now I"m thinking a free floated upper using a Douglas barrel might be another good project  
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:08:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top