Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:01:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 6:02:32 PM EDT by macjockey]
Just picked these 2 barrels up today from Douglass Barrels for 2 projects I have in the works.20" Chrome-moly, 1/8 twist.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:53:28 PM EDT
If you dont mind me askin what did those set you back. I am new to the board and from the Charleston area also. As a matter of fact my father used to work for Douglas back in 1967. I have several guns I have collected over the years with Douglas barrells and have always been satisfied with thier quality.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:54:25 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Herman-Snerd:
If you dont mind me askin what did those set you back. I am new to the board and from the Charleston area also. As a matter of fact my father used to work for Douglas back in 1967. I have several guns I have collected over the years with Douglas barrells and have always been satisfied with thier quality.

I traded Timmy Gardner "Owner of Douglas"one of my hand-made knives for the set of barrels.I'll find out the cost of one and let you know.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:55:35 PM EDT
Thanks, Ive known Timmy for a long time, back since my father worked thier. I think I will call Freddy Dupoy and see If I can arange a couple for myself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:30:34 AM EDT
You can't go wrong with a Douglas. The company will even custom profile. Sure it will cost more than a standard production barrel, BUT the bore will be straight and centered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:36:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AtlantaFireman:
You can't go wrong with a Douglas. The company will even custom profile. Sure it will cost more than a standard production barrel, BUT the bore will be straight and centered.

+1
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:23:37 AM EDT
I wonder how much a medium contour middy would run?

BTW, are those barrels ready to go? Probably not headspaced right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 2:44:08 PM EDT
Just picked these 2 barrels up today from Douglass Barrels ----

You Lucky Man
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:03:05 PM EDT
Those are sweet! Another Charleston area native checking in and curious about cost.

I been wanting to build up a Remington 700 with a Douglas barrel but now I"m thinking a free floated upper using a Douglas barrel might be another good project
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 12:08:13 AM EDT
Top Top