Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2006 9:19:15 AM EDT
When I assembled my lower I noticed that the hammer pin is walking. I reread the instructions here and it says that the J-pin should retain the hammer pin, when I look inside the hammer theres a hole but nothing there. Should this have been istalled when I got the lower kit or did I miss it in the parts. I checked the parts very carefully when I opened the package so my guess is that hammer pin retainer was missing. Help me clairfy this.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#1]
J pin should already be installed, it's an assembly that includes the hammer. Which L is this? BSW
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The lower is 80% home built and I got the parts kit form sarco. I just got off the phone with them and they were very helpfull. The replacement hammer is on the way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a hammer without a J-pin once.  I made a J-pin out of an old hammer spring leg.  You insert it into the hammer and measure for proper length, snip the leg off, insert it into the hammer, flatten the part of the leg you see in the "window" of the hammer and bend the lower part of the leg over the bottom of the hammer.  Just like factory.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top