Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2006 12:28:33 PM EDT
Dear A-Crew:
I am getting ready to drop in a McCormick Single Stage, stright trigger in my ZM AR that is used solely for IPSC Tactical Class compeition. The gun has numberous upgrades except the trigger, Al Ziitta not longer does trigger work, and instead of sending the gun to JP, I am dropping in a McCormick. Can anyone direct to a post, thread or website that will explain any ideosynchracies of removing the existing trigger (std AR small pin installation). I also have the KNS anti walk kit that I plan to install. Any special quirks I should be aware of. I know of the supposed doubling problem that led McCormick to seek a new EDM.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
jkushner1
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no experience with the McCormick triggers, but it is my understanding that all you need to do is drive out your two firecontrol pins, pull out the firecontrols, drop in the new trigger set-up, and replace the pins.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have no experience with the McCormick triggers, but it is my understanding that all you need to do is drive out your two firecontrol pins, pull out the firecontrols, drop in the new trigger set-up, and replace the pins.

+1

I've put in two and M4madness's post pretty much sums it up. In terms of installing something, installing a CMC trigger is about as difficult as changing a grip. You should have no trouble.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 11:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Al Zitta, My ZM LR 300 AR-15 designer and inventor of the accuwedge and numerous other products, if you try his single point bungee sling, you never use anything else. At least in certain circles, including IPSC, was know to perform one of the best AR-15 trigger jobs available. Ask a person with a Zitta triggered AR if he will sell - NO ! - is usually the answer, his guns are awesome, their gas trappers (FAL concept) AR's like the DSA but better, 10% of the dirt makes it into the receiver as compared to a traditional Stoner design.

Anway, Al Zitta told me he is using the McCormick drop in trigger in most of his personal guns and likes it very much.

Thanks,
Jon
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top