Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 9:04:19 AM EDT
Well, I'm finally going to build my first AR in a couple of weeks. I'm focusing on the Model1 A3 20" parts kit in Chrome with a Stag Arms Lower.

My dilema is that I can't decide which is better, a Fixed standard front sight base or a flip down. I mainly just plan to shoot at the range with this rifle and want to scope it with something possibly as large as a 50mm objective lense.

If I use the standard FSB, how will that affect sight picture through the scope? Will I have to raise the scope up some awful height to clear the FSB? In this case, is a flip up FSB better?

Thanks in advance

Metzgeri
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
with a minimum of 4x magnification the standard FSB won't be a problem
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Does that mean the FSB will be blurred out of the picture?  Or, will the scope not have the FSB in it's line of sight?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It means the FSB will be blurred out.

However, to be safe I'd say get the flip down FSB.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If the scope is a quality scope you won't even notice it, and if you do it won't interfere with your target.
If you are building a high-power long range prarrie dog killer then yes, you should go to a flip-up front sight.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I like a rail FSB.  You can add a flip-up front sight, or clamp on a more traditional sight.  It gives you options.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:07:11 AM EDT
[#6]
will not notice it in magnified scope, go with either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Flip down is for AIRSOFT.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:55:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Flip down is for AIRSOFT.

and trolls should be banned
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top