Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 1:30:36 PM EDT
Ok my buddy just got his new A3 upper thanks to ADCO,  now I have done this 3 times before but the damn barrel nut is stuck, so I want to make sure I am not the problem here.  Facing the upper assembly from the muzzle end I would want to push the wrench up and to the left to loosen it correect  its lefty loosey from the front of the assembly?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
With the upper receiver laying in front of you, muzzle pointing to the right, you want to pull down on the wrench to loosen the nut.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
looking down the muzzle

couterclockwise to loosen
clockwise to tighten

lefty-loosy
righty-tighty
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I was turning it the right way, damn wrench popped loose and I took a chunk out of my left thumb but at least the gun didnt get scratched..... anyways barrel oof upper swapped now time to tighten the nut back down
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn! Sounds like your buddy owes you a beer or two!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I told him he owed me a damn thumb, but he took his toys and went home when I got out the Dremel
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:15:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I told him he owed me a damn thumb, but he took his toys and went home when I got out the Dremel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top