Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:30:58 AM EDT
This will be a M4 clone. I will be building it on a Stag lower, with most likely a Voltor stock. The Fine weapon will be used for general plinking and also when we go out Prairie Dog hunting. (My main for the dogs is a heavy Barreled 22-250) If I go with a standard FSB will it interfere with a scope? Ghosting in the sight picture ECT) and secondly is there a big benefit to using either 1x7 or a 1x9 twist bore. I am looking at either using a Del-ton, CMMT, or Stag Tope end (from Bravo Company) any suggestions there as well. I read good things about all these guys.

Thanks for the help you all rock.
Matt
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:35:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shuter13:
This will be a M4 clone. I will be building it on a Stag lower, with most likely a Voltor stock. The Fine weapon will be used for general plinking and also when we go out Prairie Dog hunting. (My main for the dogs is a heavy Barreled 22-250) If I go with a standard FSB will it interfere with a scope?

Nope. It will be there, but just a minor blur. At 10X and above you can barely see it. If you even think it might bother you... get a flip up front sight from YHM or PRI.

Ghosting in the sight picture ECT) and secondly is there a big benefit to using either 1x7 or a 1x9 twist bore.

Depends on what weight bullets you wanna shoot. General plinking and varmint loads... a 1:9 is great. But if you want to shoot longer ranges with special heavy loads, like 75-77gr bullets, a 1:8 or 1:7 is better.

I am looking at either using a Del-ton, CMMT, or Stag Tope end (from Bravo Company) any suggestions there as well. I read good things about all these guys.

Uppers are all pretty much the same. I like RRA/CMT/Stag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:40:55 AM EDT
what falarak said
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:57:16 PM EDT
Thanks for the info
Top Top