Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 6:58:49 PM EDT
I started my builder, and I guess I am going to end up spending more money than I wanted to, but hopefully I will have a nice setup. So far I have:

Les Baer lower receiver
DPMS lower parts kit
Custom-made flat-top upper
JP wood thumbhole stock
Trijicon ACOG sight

I am going to buy a JP 18" barrel with the heat sink attached. www.jprifles.com

I want a Yankee Hill Machine "Lightweight 4-rail forearm" http://www.yhm.net/store/forearms.html
What length do I need??
(Keep in mind that this free-floating forearm will cover the gas block. Thanks guys!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:20:26 PM EDT
From what I could tell, the 18" JP barrels use a rifle length gas system. A rifle length FF tube will not cover the gas block. You would need need a midlength gas system in an 18" barrel so that a rifle length tube will cover the block.

Also, the JP block may, or may not fit under the YHM guards. Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:04:38 AM EDT
Yeah, I'm going to put a different, low profile gas block on the barrel. JP's gas systems costs an extra $200 so I am going with my own. Hopefully the low-pro block will fit under the handguard. Thanks! I'll keep you posted
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:06:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jeffress77:
Yeah, I'm going to put a different, low profile gas block on the barrel. JP's gas systems costs an extra $200 so I am going with my own. Hopefully the low-pro block will fit under the handguard. Thanks! I'll keep you posted

What I am saying - is that with a rifle length FF tube/handguard, and a rifle length gas system, it wont BE UNDER the guards... it will be in front.
Top Top