Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 5:43:00 PM EDT
Ok guys I'm new to the board but I've been lurking in the dark. I figured this was the place to seek guru advice. I have purchased two stripped Bushmaster lowers. WOO HOO.....HOO...

So where to now. I've been looking at a Rock River CAR 4 kit. Should I buy a kit? Should I buy pieces? Whose kit or pieces should I buy? I've looked at quite a few but I'm leaning towards the RRA kit. And then if all goes well I'm looking at a Form 1 homemade can.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:36:06 AM EDT
whoever fits your needs.

there is a great deal of discussion about who to buy from so just look through the pages of them.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:58:19 AM EDT
Good places to pick up RRA stuff are Eaglefirearms and ADCO.

RRA uppers are nice. The factory assembled ones also have a lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:41:55 PM EDT
Rock River is a good brand and you won't be dissapointed if you go that way. I'm the process of currently building my first AR (waiting on the lower to ship), but I just pieced it together. It does have a RRA midlength upper waiting for it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:49:07 PM EDT
I've gotten very good results with J&T kits.

You can probably save a couple bucks by buying a complete kit, but it's not a whole lot more to get a complete upper from one place and the lower parts from another.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:33:14 PM EDT
RRA is good stuff - no doubt.

i've recently become a Superior Arms fan. check with RB Precision on the EE about setting you up with a kit or custom kit. they'll put together a RRA or Superior or parts or whatever and do it right. check them out.

RB Precision - Customer Gallery

nice people and very helpful.

septic tank

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:21:06 PM EDT
Thanks for the RB Precision link. They had a few things I've not seen before. There's so many options out there that I think I'm just going to order the CAR A4orgery kit from RRA. And then maybe try another kit for my varminter. I figure I can always grow into what ever I build as I learn more. But if anyone has any suggestions about either of those two specific rifles please share. I know we have some gurus here. And these builds are my first for the AR. I've already completed an FAL. So assembly should'nt be to bad.
Top Top