Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:46:49 AM EDT
Hey guys, I recently bought one of these Accu-Wedge buffers for my M4 build and I've got to say, it makes my gun feel rock solid. I've never heard of anyone using one of these on the boards, but im sure a good number of you do. I have not taken it to the range since I bought the buffer, but im wondering if it will improve accuracy. Anyone know if they do?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#1]
the upper lower fitment does not affect accuracy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The sights & barrel are held in alignment by the upper, so a loose upper/lower fit shouldn't really affect accuracy.  Maybe if your upper/lower fit is especially sloppy the hammer could move the upper around as you shoot, but if your fit is that loose, you probably need more help than an accu-wedge.  That said, if it makes the gun feel more solid I don't think that's a bad thing.  I bought one for my A2 build, but my upper/lower fit happened to be so tight that I couldn't fit the wedge in.  If it was loose, I would use it.  Another thing I like to do which helps with a solid feel is put a healthy quantity of grease on the buffer spring which eliminates the boing sound after you shoot.  
--Snowbound
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, the upper receiver and lower receiver fit perfectly before, and shot just fine the first time (just finished it this month and havnt had time to go to the range more than once). This Accu-Wedge has eliminated all rattle, and when you pull the charging handle back feels more fluid as well as when you let the bolt go home. When I dry fired it before there was kind of a drawn out report after the hammer hit the pin, now there is none...just a distinctive click. I probably shouldnt have posted this because it really isnt impertinent to the build it yourself boards. The reason I asked if the wedge made it more accurate is because I read a review at some website ( I think Fulton-Army) that mentioned it. Anyway, thanks for the replies guys!
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#4]
most sites say it helps accuracy cause its all in your head and it helps sell them
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it makes the shooter more accurate 'cause they're not stressing about the wobble...

I have one for a slightly sloppy upper, but if I forget to put it back in, I don't really care...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top