Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 8:00:42 PM EDT
I have an 80% reciever on the way and I noticed that brownells sells a take down pin that uses 3 dentent balls instead of the regular side loaded detent. I'm trying to picture how this would work. Do the detents stick out the other side of the reciever or do you have to cut a small ring for them to sit in. The latter doesn't sound right but would make the most sence for this application. The main reason for these questions is I scared of drilling the detent holes crooked and or off center h.gif. I will be using a drill press and a rather cheap cross vise for this project.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]
The pin goes all the way through so their would be a nub sticking out.  If drilling the holes bothers you, you could go with a Colt style pin that screws together.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:13:40 AM EDT
[#2]
One suggestion, would be to contact Ameetec, and see if you can get the Pins for the Cav Arms Lower Receivers.  They use a Ball Detent type Pins.

www.ameetecarms.com/

Chief
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:10:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats wrong with the regular old pins?  Is there something i'm missing here
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I shouldn't be the problem I thought it was. The rear detent pin is already drilled, and I think the front one shouldnt be to hard.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have two Colt match target receivers that dont have the detent holes. Let me know how it goes and if a drill press is all you need to accomplish this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Muskyjerk, I got the reciever from www.ktordnance.com/kto/products.php . This thing is awesome. Almost all the holes are premarked and the machineing is great.  I went with the kt frame because this is my first AR and I dont have one as a reference. So far I got buffer tube tapped/ installed and the pistol grip tapped/ installed. This thing is so well layed out  you could almost do it with a hand drill, well maybe not but almost.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top