Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/12/2006 8:51:07 PM EDT
I am new to the forum and looking at my first build. I am looking at a Superior Arms lower and finishing it out with either a Del-Ton or RRA kit/upper. The Del-Ton is about $50 cheaper. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:24:57 PM EDT
Welcome to the boards!

My first was a RRA midlength w/Mega lower. I am currently working on a Del-ton carbine for someone else. Both are high quality. Del-ton tells me that they use CMT uppers and Wilson barrels. These happen to be the same suppliers for RRA's uppers, lowers and barrels. I think you'd be well served by either...or to use the board slogan "get both!"

BTW Rock River does have a lifetime warranty and an accuracy guarantee on their factory assembled uppers if that helps justify the $50.

I've done business with Eaglefirarms (for my Rock River stuff) and Del-ton. Both have been a pleasure to work with.

I've heard good things about Superior lowers. Let me know what you think. I'm looking at them for the Del-ton build.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:18:36 PM EDT
I am going to stay with RRA. I have never had any trouble using any of there parts. For fit, finish and $$$ I dont think you can go wrong with RRA
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:30:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/13/2006 9:33:51 PM EDT by plinkereye]
DEL-TON! You wont be disapointed. They have good qaulity builds. North Carolina is the state of Armorers. I also like J&T, but I think their site is down so you have to call them to order your kit. Buy your own LPK if going with J&T because they give out cheap LPK in kits. I'm going with Del-ton again soon.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:43:24 PM EDT
either one
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:17:13 AM EDT
What kind of upper receivers is Del-Ton using these days on their custom uppers? Any fit problems that you have heard of?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:23:25 AM EDT
Welcome to the site. Either one would be a good choice. Just a matter of preference.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:54:00 AM EDT
Thanks for all of the help. One more questions. is it worth it to go with the m4 feed ramps? I know that they are a little steeper, but what is the benefit?

Thanks again.
Top Top