Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:26:51 PM EDT
fellas... i need to brag a little here!

just got my 2nd build done. incidentally, it is my 2nd ar-15.

the lower is stag, and armalite internals.

since i have no luck posting pics here, you'll have to go here to see it: www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9768&PN=1

the upper is a custom, built by 'kingpin' on that site, and features a 7-twist krieger. sharp looking gun, and i am very pleased w/ it. hope to get some glass on it tuesday, and then really wring it out. this one could very well become my new medium-range prairie dog gun (medium range = 650 yards and in).

now, if you'll excuse me, i'm going to do a little happy dance, and then start looking at what to do w/ my 3rd, and final (for now, anyway) stripped lower...

edit: ah, hell.... not only can i not do pics, but i can't link, either... any help?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
www.baitshopboyz.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9768&PN=1

Check out the board code button underneath the icons when posting it explains how to do these things.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Happy kids are a great thing, and your girls are certainly happy!

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:15:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I love pictures of happy kids, boys and girls both, posing with nice "machine guns", mainly because you KNOW it just shocks the $hit out of the anti's!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice creations ..... both the kids and the guns!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for the help and kind words fellas.

i have made it my life's ambition to remove the fear of guns from as many kids as i can before they get whacked w/ all the anti-stuff... and yeah, my 6-year-old daughter shoots my ar-15. as do my nieces. and ya know... they truly enjoy it!

anyway... i'm thinking lower #3 is gonna have to be an ultra-light build. my first ar is one of my heaviest guns (thanks to the scope, bipod, arms qd, and the warne rings), the second one is a nicely balanced mid-weight system... i'm thinking 16" ultra-light gun. then i can get to work on 20 and 24 inch guns. 6-pos stocks for everybody - its the only way to get the stock short enough for a child to use, and still be comfy for adults.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#6]
2 very very nice looking rifles.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#7]
NICE!

Hey Dakota stop by the hometown forums sometime!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top