Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/10/2006 5:14:56 AM EDT
I am building a rifle in California and need to install a fixed magazine kit. I have seen a couple available, but I question the quality of the magazine itself. Has any of you used one of these kits, and if so what should I be looking for when I purchase one?

Sorry in advance for the newbie question..but I am a newbie taking the plunge
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:38:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:00:54 PM EDT
I put one of those kits and a bushy mag in. Works perfect and looks much better than any other options out there right now.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:57:07 AM EDT
Shipping is so expensive on those mags!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:28:06 AM EDT
Thanks Hawk1. I just ordered that as it will work perfectly. I already own one of those 10 round Bushmaster mags so that works great!

Calair 15: Hopefully my results mirror yours Jack, I agree. Mine was a gift from a friend and it is used, but in fair condition. I looked at buying a new one through BM and the shipping surprised me. Though not outrages, it does seem high for so small a package. Ther is always Gunbroker I guess.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:37:30 AM EDT
I was going to go to Home Depot and find a nylon washer and a nut to do the mag conversion myself, but then I remembered how lazy I am, and just ordered one of these kits on the internet. Oh well...such is life when you're as lazy as me.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:40:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jack_Bauer:
Shipping is so expensive on those mags!

If you don't mind used mags from fellow arfcommers, try posting in the "WTB - AR Related" section. I managed to score some Bushy mags in great shape (hardly used) for a very reasonable price.
Top Top