Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:39:34 PM EDT
I pulled a good one today. I was changing stocks on my AR and when I took the A2 stock off the rear Detent Spring went SPONG and is gone forever. Any ideas where I can get one here in WA?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
I lost my safety detent in a similar fashion. My advice is to save up a couple bucks to place a $20 order or so at midwayusa.com If you choose the USPS priority mail option, shipping is cheaper, but they charge a handling fee for orders below $20.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:52 PM EDT
As a temporary solution, use a spring from a BIC lighter (the spring under the flint)... You'll still function until you find a genuine replacement...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:53:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/7/2006 4:54:50 AM EDT by SouthHoof]
www.rbprecision.com/

These folks can fix you up. Good people with whom to do business.

It is worth the extra couple of $$ to buy a set of basic spares. Detent pins, springs, firing pin ect.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT
Thank You Much for the trick with the bic spring. This will hold me until I can get a new one. Now I need to go check function with the new carbine stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:26:30 AM EDT
I will mail you 1 for $1.00 or send you 4 ( spares) newones for $3.00. Let me know your address if you want them. These are NEW.
TS
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By theshootersden:
As a temporary solution, use a spring from a BIC lighter (the spring under the flint)... You'll still function until you find a genuine replacement...

I did the same thing just last week except my buffer retainer spring went "boing". The first thing that came to mind after thinking "Oh s**t" was "where's an ink pen". I pulled three different pens apart until I found a nice fat sping to to fit inside buffer retainer. It worked great. Now that I've replaced it with a real spring I tucked my ink pen spring in with my spare parts (in a different bag of course).
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:30:23 AM EDT
Wade's in Bellevue keeps a tackle box of spare little parts, including what you need. First time I changed stocks I sheared mine off, cost about $2.00 to replace. Note that the detant might still be in there, grab a spring and put it in and see. Best of luck.
Top Top