Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 4:39:34 PM EDT
I pulled a good one today. I was changing stocks on my AR and when I took the A2 stock off the rear Detent Spring went SPONG and is gone forever. Any ideas where I can get one here in WA?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I lost my safety detent in a similar fashion. My advice is to save up a couple bucks to place a $20 order or so at midwayusa.com  If you choose the USPS priority mail option, shipping is cheaper, but they charge a handling fee for orders below $20.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
As a temporary solution, use a spring from a BIC lighter (the spring under the flint)... You'll still function until you find a genuine replacement...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#3]
www.rbprecision.com/

These folks can fix you up.  Good people with whom to do business.

It is worth the extra couple of $$ to buy a set of basic spares.  Detent pins, springs, firing pin ect.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank You Much for the trick with the bic spring. This will hold me until I can get a new one. Now I need to go check function with the new carbine stock.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:26:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I will mail you 1 for $1.00 or send you 4 ( spares) newones for $3.00. Let me know your address if you want them. These are NEW.
TS
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
As a temporary solution, use a spring from a BIC lighter (the spring under the flint)... You'll still function until you find a genuine replacement...

I did the same thing just last week except my buffer retainer spring went "boing".  The first thing that came to mind after thinking "Oh s**t" was "where's an ink pen".  I pulled three different pens apart until I found a nice fat sping to to fit inside buffer retainer.  It worked great.  Now that I've replaced it with a real spring I tucked my ink pen spring in with my spare parts (in a different bag of course).
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Wade's in Bellevue keeps a tackle box of spare little parts, including what you need. First time I changed stocks I sheared mine off, cost about $2.00 to replace. Note that the detant might still be in there, grab a spring and put it in and see. Best of luck.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top