Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/3/2006 2:52:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 6:31:20 PM EDT by efxguy]
Where is the best place to get a lower receiver print?

I've downloaded a few online, but I cannot get my printer to do a "tiled" set of prints to get it up to full size.

I really want a full sized print.

Any ideas?

efxguy

ETA, I need a lower blueprint type drawing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:55:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By efxguy:
Where is the best place to get a lower receiver print?

I've downloaded a few online, but I cannot get my printer to do a "tiled" set of prints to get it up to full size.

I really want a full sized print.

Any ideas?

efxguy

ETA, I need a lower blueprint type drawing.

Nevermind; as Kinko's made a full size print for me from the PDF I downloaded from this site.

Two full size prints cost me under ten bucks.

efxguy
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:21:12 AM EDT
What is the full size of the paper it was printed on? I've never thought of doing it the way you did, I like it!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:04:33 PM EDT
I got the cad drawings of a ar-15 lower then edited it to put the sear pin in the correct place and added dimensions, then had a buddy of mine at an architecture/drafting firm plot it out. I have it hanging on my wall framed in a 3 foot by 4 foot size. Best of all he did it for free.

Andrew
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:36:40 PM EDT
Here's what I did...I used the zoom in Acro (I have the pro version), and told it to print the zoomed image. I used mostly 8.5x14, and a few 8.5x11 sheets. Got what I need, with the dimensions.

What I'd like to see though, is a print that has exterior dimensions, or rather, width dimensions,
width at mag well, outer diameter of buffer tube thread area, etc. I can get those off the Solid I have of it, but thats just me.

I'd also like to see a blueprint of a A3 upper.

John
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:30:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Stickman:
What is the full size of the paper it was printed on? I've never thought of doing it the way you did, I like it!

It was printed onto a 24" x 36" sheet.

It is beautifully clean and clear! I am most pleased.

efxguy

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:31:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZR2Chevy22:
I got the cad drawings of a ar-15 lower then edited it to put the sear pin in the correct place and added dimensions, then had a buddy of mine at an architecture/drafting firm plot it out. I have it hanging on my wall framed in a 3 foot by 4 foot size. Best of all he did it for free.

Andrew

Can you send a PDF of your drawing to me?

Thanks,

efxguy
Top Top