Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 1:18:51 PM EDT
They have a barrel advertised in their catalog I have been curious about. The ad reads "AR-15 barrel with extension. Heavy barrel with threaded muzzle for compensator. Length: 20.5" with barrel extension. Rate of twist: 1:9. USA mfr. Condition: New $69.87/ 2 for $99.00." It appears to be in the white.

Anyone know anything about these barrels? No sight base comes with it. Trying to build a flattop with 20" barrel.

Any pros and cons?

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
LINK
I'll order some and let you know. They look stainless? Very vague description. Century is not known for there quality, so I'll check it out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I have two. They are not marked in anyway. My two had slighly different receiver extensions. They are heavy around 0.960" under the handguards. The extensions are pretty tight going into the upper but do go. The muzzle is properly threaded 1/2"-28tpi for 5/8". They are NOT stainless, they are in-the-white steel, probably 4140. One of mine had just a bit of surface rust when it showed up.

I purchased a couple used FSB's off the EE and drilled and reamed the barrel for 2/0 taper pins. This worked out ok but I would use new undrilled FSB's if I were to do it again as it's hard to hit the opposite side of the FSB even using my mini-mill. I just blasted and parked them today after work.

I'll be putting them on the EE for sale at some point. Speaking of which, I have seen a few of these showing up on the EE for sale.

I bought them as a project to try FSB work. If I were to build one up I would use a undrilled FSB or clamp-on/setscrew gasblock/FSB.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top