Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 12:35:16 PM EDT
Hi gang, I have a CMT A4 upper that has a couple of slings attachement points on. One is clamped on the barrel inside the FSB. See pic below. It appears to be held by a pin, and I wanted to know if I can remove it without issue. I use an IDF 2 point sling with the para cord attached to the FSB so I really do not need this part. As always, thanks for the responses....mack

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I forget what size punch I used.  Find the right one and hammer the rivet through.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The side-sling adapter is held on by a roll pin on the right side of the FSB. Just tap it out with a hammer and punch.

The factory under-barrel sling swivel can be removed by drilling out the rivet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
punch it out, worked for all my guns
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys...I figgered as much but wanted to be dead on sure before popping it off.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#5]
or you could use a drill with a slightly oversized drill bit
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top