Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:22:17 PM EDT
i am trying to install a ff handguard with an armourers wrench and brownings action block and, here is the kicker, no vise. i figure i could lay the block down and put it under a 2x4 or this wooden 2-step box in my garage. i know. well since i now realize this isnt going to work, i still have a problem. when i put the upper into the block, i also put the bolt carrier replacement gadget (that comes with the block) in the place of the bolt carrier, then shut the ejection port cover. now that i am going to put everything back together the way it was before UPS showed up today, i cant get the brownings bolt carrier replacement gadget back out of the upper, and the ejection port cover is closed, and i dont know how to open it. i blame everybody but myself, but am open to suggestions at this point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:25:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yank real hard on the BC insert.

Buy a bench vise.

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
this wont damage anything?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:30:37 PM EDT
[#3]
No, try to wiggle it a bit while you are pulling on it.  It'll pop loose.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
i am going to try it. i already marred my fsb with the punches. that is why i am apprehensive. thank you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
WOOHOOO, it worked, thanks SETH_LIVZZ.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
if you dont apply pressure evenly with the vice blocks you will crush/deform the upper reciever.

invest in the proper tools if not leave the work to ones that are equipped to do so.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely get yourself a vise or find someone that has one. You are going to be VERY upset when you have to replace a $100 upper when you could have bought a $30 dollar vise.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I have heard it all. From the guy that built the AK with the weight of his car as a press to 2 by 4's as a vise.

Know any friends with a vise?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Go buy a vise!  I don't understand why everone thinks they can do this shit half-assed.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:29:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top