Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:35:21 AM EDT
just a dumb question...but anyone paint their gas tubes while camoing their setups? Wonder if the paint will stay or burn off?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
It will burn off and smell like hell at first!

Don't worry about it, you can always clean it off it later.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are finishing it with Norrells, it will not burn off, and yes, I've done it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you are finishing it with Norrells, it will not burn off, and yes, I've done it.

Another reason Norrells kicks butt.

I love that stuff, I'm tempted to lay some coats on my Sig P220 that is worn.  Hell, I've been tempted to Spray a whole bunch of stuff around the house after I ran out of ARs to coat.. ;)

Here Kitty Kitty...
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:49:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I was at my local auto parts store and they sell 2 different engine paints with ceramic, specd for 500 and 1200 degrees.... maybe a cheaper alternative then using the expensive stuff.hmmmm....
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was at my local auto parts store and they sell 2 different engine paints with ceramic, specd for 500 and 1200 degrees.... maybe a cheaper alternative then using the expensive stuff.hmmmm....

I've used that as well.  If you decide to use that, make sure your prep work is very thorough, preheat your item, and spray THIN coats.  Also, try to warm the can up with hot water and shake it up very well.

Cure it when you are done. Its not a substitute for Norrells, but its better than Krylon by far.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top