Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:25:45 PM EDT
I've of course heard of the 15 minute trigger job, but I'm not really crazy about that whole concept. Is their a reasonably priced reduced pull trigger spring that is still reliable?

I put a CMT LPK in my latest build, and the trigger, although surprisingly crisp for a mil-spec setup, is very stiff. Thought maybe down the road I might be interested in something like this if I found it to be a problem.

Maybe I've just gotten spoiled with my 2-stage bushy trigger on my Varminter...

Gundraw
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:33:15 PM EDT
Yep...Brownell's has them from Yellow Tavern...They are very reliable and they are nice. I have a set in a SPRish rifle I built..

Don't remember the stock number off hand, but goto Brownell's website and type in Yellow tavern in the search..
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:46:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dog1:
Yep...Brownell's has them from Yellow Tavern...They are very reliable and they are nice. I have a set in a SPRish rifle I built..

Don't remember the stock number off hand, but goto Brownell's website and type in Yellow tavern in the search..

Reduced Power Springs
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
+1
I just installed a set, and I don't have a trigger pull gauge but there is a night and day difference from the stock trigger pull. Does anyone know if using these affects the reliability of the firing pin igniting the primer? I haven't had a chance to experiment with different ammo types yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:28:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By whoanelly:
+1
I just installed a set, and I don't have a trigger pull gauge but there is a night and day difference from the stock trigger pull. Does anyone know if using these affects the reliability of the firing pin igniting the primer? I haven't had a chance to experiment with different ammo types yet.

I have not had any problems with primers in my SPRish rifle...100% ignition.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:32:22 AM EDT
Thanks! Looks like I've found a reasonably priced solution.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:32:29 PM EDT
i use the jp yellow springs

dont know if i exactly trust them yet but they do what they advertise to do.
Top Top