Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:25:45 PM EDT
I've of course heard of the 15 minute trigger job, but I'm not really crazy about that whole concept.  Is their a reasonably priced reduced pull trigger spring that is still reliable?  

I put a CMT LPK in my latest build, and the trigger, although surprisingly crisp for a mil-spec setup, is very stiff.  Thought maybe down the road I might be interested in something like this if I found it to be a problem.

Maybe I've just gotten spoiled with my 2-stage bushy trigger on my Varminter...

Gundraw
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep...Brownell's has them from Yellow Tavern...They are very reliable and they are nice. I have a set in a SPRish rifle I built..

Don't remember the stock number off hand, but goto Brownell's website and type in Yellow tavern in the search..
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yep...Brownell's has them from Yellow Tavern...They are very reliable and they are nice. I have a set in a SPRish rifle I built..

Don't remember the stock number off hand, but goto Brownell's website and type in Yellow tavern in the search..

Reduced Power Springs
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
+1
I just installed a set, and I don't have a trigger pull gauge but there is a night and day difference from the stock trigger pull.  Does anyone know if using these affects the reliability of the firing pin igniting the primer?  I haven't had a chance to experiment with different ammo types yet.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
+1
I just installed a set, and I don't have a trigger pull gauge but there is a night and day difference from the stock trigger pull.  Does anyone know if using these affects the reliability of the firing pin igniting the primer?  I haven't had a chance to experiment with different ammo types yet.

I have not had any problems with primers in my SPRish rifle...100% ignition.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:32:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!  Looks like I've found a reasonably priced solution.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#6]
i use the jp yellow springs

dont know if i exactly trust them yet but they do what they advertise to do.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top