Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/16/2005 1:42:42 PM EDT
This weekend I plan to assemble the Armalite parts kit into my Double Star stripped lower with my Ace Skeleton Stock. Unfortunately, I am still undecided on an upper to mate to it. What do you guys think about the Stag 15 Model 2H Pre-Ban? Is there any reason I should pay more $$ for a Rock River Arms or Bushmaster in the same configuration? Do you have anything for or against Stag (besides the fact that their lower receivers have a deer head on them)?

I also considered a J&T upper, but I had minor problems with my last upper from them which required a little tweaking to get that rifle ejecting right. It works great now, but I damn near sold it during the "break-in" period because I don't like weapons that jam up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:07:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunz4me:
Is there any reason I should pay more $$ for a Rock River Arms or Bushmaster in the same configuration?

In short, no.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2005 4:15:11 PM EDT by demusn1979]
Stag rocks!

Oh yeah,good idea to use Armalite LPK cool bolt release too.Had probs with my d/s complete lower LPK sold it off.Fixed it first though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:17:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By demusn1979:
Stag rocks!hr

Cool deal, I have read good things about Stag on this board, but I was skepticle of using them based on the fact that they are relatively new. If I am not mistaken, I believe they are a sister company to one of the "Big Boys".

Oh yeah,good idea to use Armalite LPK cool bolt release too.Had probs with my d/s complete lower LPK sold it off.Fixed it first though.h.gif

I had problems with a previous DS kit too, hence that was the reason for going with the Armalite LPK. On the previous DS kit, the rear takedown pin did not have a notch for the detent (i.e. it was a solid pin) AND the selecter switch was rough as hell. I ironed the kinks out and now one of my family members wants to buy it off of me now that I have it "working".I also have an all Bushmaster rifle, and I did not encounter any problems like I did with a previous DS/J&T build. The only negative comment I have against Bushmaster is that their stripped lowers are on the high side compared to others out there. Other than that, Bushmaster rocks too!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:33:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By gunz4me:

Originally Posted By demusn1979:
Stag rocks!

I had problems with a previous DS kit too, AND the selecter switch was rough as hell.

I also have an all Bushmaster rifle, The only negative comment I have against Bushmaster is that their stripped lowers are on the high side compared to others out there. Other than that, Bushmaster rocks too!

Yes and Yes!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:16:37 PM EDT

Who sells the Armalite LPK ?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:25:20 PM EDT
Armalite!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:37:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/17/2005 10:40:29 PM EDT by Veritas7394]
Stag Arms makes great products, so in short I don't think you will have any problems with a upper receiver from them. By the way their customer service is second to none it my book.

Veritas
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CAPPER:
Who sells the Armalite LPK ?

dsg arms www.dsgarms.com/

or Armalite!

Sadly, I still have not put my lower together. I received a "service call" this weekend to fix some computers that were hit with viruses
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:22:19 AM EDT
Is the Armalite LPK specifically better than the CMT/Stag LPK or is it just preference?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:45:30 AM EDT
Stag would be a top choice for me also.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:31:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dolanp:
Is the Armalite LPK specifically better than the CMT/Stag LPK or is it just preference?

Chances are the Armalite LPK is made by CMT, but i could be wrong. The main reason I went with the Armalite is because I had problems with my last J&T/DS kit having crappy parts in it and the price was right All I know is that I didn't want another DS kit in the new Double Star receiver due to problems with my last DS kit.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:37:07 AM EDT
Probably not,differant shaped parts.But as good.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 4:33:30 AM EDT
Will not Be dissaopinted with Stag Arms, they are the best quality stuff on the market
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:23:15 AM EDT
+++ on CMT/Stag uppers, nice fit and finish great price...check out teknic here on EE for great pricing.....
Top Top