Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/8/2005 3:51:40 PM EDT
Where are some of the best places to get complete kits for my stripped lower reciever?

Who should I steer AWAY from?

Who has the BEST prices on complete kits?

Best price on uppers?

Thanks In Advance!!

Hk
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:14:26 PM EDT
Head to the EE for all of your shopping needs. I have bought items from two commercial sellers and had nothing but good experiences.

I have a CMT/Stag LPK in my lower and it went in like a breeze. I know that both the RRA and Stag/CMT kits are fairly highly thought of on this board.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:52:18 PM EDT
Stag and RRA parts are nice. I have had good luck with DPMS parts as well.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:54:48 PM EDT
I to have had great luck with RRA parts.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 7:38:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By usagold:
I to have had great luck with RRA parts.

+3...

Lots of trouble with Mod1 sales... just tried to mount an RRA scout scope mount on my one and only Mod 1 flat top... won't snug down... the flat top is too narrow. Both my RRA scouts fit well on my other upper (an RRA)... neither fit the Mod1....

Buyer beware.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/8/2005 8:31:13 PM EDT by HRSGRUNNER]
Buy this upper, ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=233814 $95.00 + Free Shipping

Buy this lower parts kit, DPMS lower parts kit $54.95 + Free Shipping

Denny's or Holland gunworks are a great place to get a CMT mil-spec stock for a good price

Legal Transfer has a good price on an R-4 barrels until 12/31/05

Do some comparison shopping, Subscribe to some EE threads, Spend all your money!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:23:46 PM EDT
DEL-TON.COM!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 1:57:16 AM EDT
Should I buy a lower parts kit and then a complete upper, or just an entire kit?

Thanks for the input, keep it coming!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:00:12 AM EDT
RB Precision has a lower kit and great people to deal with
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:32:09 AM EDT
CMT lpk from Teknic.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 2:50:28 AM EDT
I've heard nothing but good about J&T Distributing. Their website is being revamped right now, but you can download their catalog. I plan to buy my next kit from them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 3:38:20 AM EDT
jt is the way to go
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:04:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Hk_Kommando:
Should I buy a lower parts kit and then a complete upper, or just an entire kit?

Thanks for the input, keep it coming!

That is totally up to you!

LPK with a completed upper is the simplest way to go... but with a few tools you can build your own upper as well.... so its up to you!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:06:45 AM EDT
Do most complete parts "kits" come with the upper disassembled as well, or does that vary by manufacturer?

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 4:59:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By OyOfMidworld:
DEL-TON.COM!!!

+1

Good prices, great shipping GREAT people.

Your upper comes assembled, head spaced and test fired. Just put your lower together and slap it on the upper and go shoot.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 10:18:47 AM EDT
RRA lower parts kit from Legal-transfers if you just want to complete the lower.

I've had J&T and Del-Ton and prefer J&T Distributing kits.

My favorite way is to buy a
RRA upper for about $105 (mail it to it to Bushmaster)
Bushmaster barrel for about $220 (BM will assemble and test fire your upper for Free!!!)
RRA bolt from AR15.com EE board $ 110
Charging handle from whoever
and I'm in heaven.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 5:05:00 AM EDT
CMT!
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 9:00:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bangz:
My favorite way is to buy a
RRA upper for about $105 (mail it to it to Bushmaster)
Bushmaster barrel for about $220 (BM will assemble and test fire your upper for Free!!!)
RRA bolt from AR15.com EE board $ 110
Charging handle from whoever
and I'm in heaven.

I think we were seperated at birth
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 10:03:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/10/2005 10:07:03 AM EDT by HP40]
I used Ameetec lower receiver with DPMS lpk and Cav Arms 20" complete upper to very good effect. The fit between upper and lower was perfect with no play what so ever. The color was also a perfect match. When placing my new Stag Arms complete 20" upper on this lower receiver there is much play and the color is slightly off. I'm thinking maybe I should go with RRA for the lower reciever and hope it's tighter than the Ameetec lower.

ETA: You can get the complete upper and lpk from DSG Arms, they've always shipped everything I've ordered same day.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 1:46:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By OyOfMidworld:
DEL-TON.COM!!!

+1!! Del-ton rules!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:22:46 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with M&A parts? http://www.mapartsinc.com/
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2005 1:33:11 PM EDT by COLT6721A3]
I bougt an Armalite LPK ... it comes in a nifty Armalite storage box!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:47:39 PM EDT
Are Del-Ton's uppers forged? who is the manufacturer? What about the parts kits, who makes em?

Any experience with M&A parts? They say that their parts come from a "current military contractor".....who would (could) that be? FN?

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:12:30 PM EDT
RB Precision has a great price on their "first time builders" lower parts kit.

So far I've purchased from Eaglefirearms, Del-ton, and RB Precision. All have been good experiences.

Originally Posted By Hk_Kommando:
Are Del-Ton's uppers forged? who is the manufacturer? What about the parts kits, who makes em?

Any experience with M&A parts? They say that their parts come from a "current military contractor".....who would (could) that be? FN?

Del-ton has mentioned that they use CMT forged uppers. I believe that they may be using DPMS for their lower parts kits (seem to remember reading that at least).

M&A states that they use LMT for most of their uppers except midlength configurations which are Rock River.

"current military contractor" can be a very ambiguous and easily over-used used term so I tend to take it with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/14/2005 8:36:32 PM EDT by plinkereye]
I dealt with J&T and Del-ton so far. Del-ton is great if your going to go for a combat AR. You want to take the gun hunting, go with J&T because they have bull barrel kits, but I dont like thier lower parts kit because the detent for the safety was very pointed and I had a hard time switching my safety to fire and safe. I like stag lower parts and DPMS lower parts and the RRA NM Lower parts. Im sure M&A is also a good company too. the next company Im going with will be with M&A and Armalite.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:41:09 AM EDT
hi i'm new to the forum and i live in california. Been wanting to ubild my own ar but due to CA laws that would prove difficult. A friend and i have thought about buying the vulcan arms CA legal lower and building it from there. I know this lower has been posted in this forum in the past. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this and what parts kits would fit nicely on to the lower.

Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:55:54 AM EDT
So it looks like Del-Ton is a VERY reputable company with extremely high quality parts and awesome customer service. They also have the best price it seems, so looks like I'm going with them!

I can't wait to post pics of the build.

FYI, I'm gonna build as close to a USGI A2 as possible....

Any build advice? I'd appreciate any and all, PLEASE IM me with any you can offer.

Thanks guys!!!
Hk
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:32:15 PM EDT
Del-Ton is having a Christmas sale on lower parts kits. $41.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:29:04 PM EDT
I used the Vulcan when I was in CA it was OK but the mag floorplate was welded in none too well, The FAB10 looks nicer but I could not get hold of one at the time.

Bushmaster now make a CA compliant AR or you could make your own, I was told by the DOJ it is legal to have a lower receiver in CA so long as when it is finally assembled you first permanently fix the magazine in before any other part of the process I have seen this done with AR and FAL receivers.

You will need to find a friendly dealer to help you as most wont as they dont understand the law in full.

I hope this helps let me know where you are in CA I may know a dealer.
Top Top