Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2005 8:12:34 AM EDT
ok, i've used my CM trigger for a few thousand rounds in my 24" barrel Colt CAR.  this trigger is first rate.  i picked the large pin, two stage, flat trigger and i don't know how i can say enough good about  it.  

i was in the mood for something out of the ordinary when i tried the flat trigger an i love it.  i'm 6' 2" @ 315lbs and have big hands with long fingers.  the flat trigger/finger tip position was slightly forward of my usual "spot" and closer to the tip of my finger.  this made for better trigger control.  i use this particular rifle for longe range shooting and varmits.  

i wondered if the flat trigger would take up too much room for gloves, so i tried it.  with "mechanics" gloves or the likes, it was fine, with larger and heavier gloves i would definitely stick with the two stage (so as not to have an accidental discharge) or just switch to the curved design.  the trigger breaks @ exactly 3lbs. like glass.  i didn't know an ar platform trigger could be this good.  the jard unit i used earlier can't even be compared, and i even like the jard to a lesser degree!  

this unit is crisp, consistent, 100% reliable, and comes in a "drop in" package.  ANYONE, and i mean ANYONE, can install this.  remove the old fire control system, drop this in, and install the two pins with "c" clips on the outboard of the lower and you're their.  no adjustment, no fine tuning, no screw around.  yeah, it costs money, and it is worth every penny.

this beats all the AR triggers i've tried and IMHO rivals the competition when it comes to triggers industry-wide regardless of rifle or pistol platform....

check them out - chip mccormick

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  let's hear the comments, questions, and concerns.

Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the report, I'm looking at a single stage for my new build.  Which Jard were you using that you like the McCormick better than?

Rob
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my single stage McCormick trigger.  Installation was a breeze.  It is now in my Armalite carbine.

One question though.  I didnt use the supplied "C clips".  What is their purpose?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I love my single stage McCormick trigger.  Installation was a breeze.  It is now in my Armalite carbine.

One question though.  I didnt use the supplied "C clips".  What is their purpose?

The "C clips" are just so the trigger pins don't walk out.  If you have problems with the pins coming out when shooting, just buy the KNS anti-walk pins from Denny (GTS) or other suppliers and NEVER worry about that problem again.  IIRC, the McCormick supplied pins are oversize to provide a tight fit... but I hate "C clips" or "E clips", damn things are a bitch to remove nicely so I just bought the KNS pins.  Hope that helps.

Oh... and yeah the McCormick trigger is great.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Pup dawg!

I figured they were to limit the amount of pin movement.

Everything has been great so far without the clips, so it should be alright....

I love this trigger!   [
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
i have the two stage curved and love it, i use the kns pins
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 4:45:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the report, I'm looking at a single stage for my new build.  Which Jard were you using that you like the McCormick better than?

Rob

the last jard i bought was a 2lb single stage.  scary trigger.  it worked relatively well, but had a tendency to double fire.  i adjusted it until i could puke coat hangers and never was able to stop it.  most of the time it wouldn't ignite the second round, but he hammer would fall and make a small primer dent - clear the chamber and off you go, but i didn't want something that malfunction once or twice per mag...

the higher weight two stages from jard i liked better.  

i figured i would like the single stage better, being used to shooting precision rifles.  not the case.  i like the take up slack in the two stage, and the ever-so-slight pressure it took to break the second stage.  i also thought the two stage was a bit safer.

again, its taller in the grand scheme of pricing, but i'm certain you won't regret it.  great trigger...

hope this helps.

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 4:52:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

they are supposed to keep the pins from walking side to side.  i doubt they would, but i wasn't willing to find out i was wrong.  besides...  to the avid "ar buff" the c-clip appearance tends to raise the eyebrows...  neat...

glad to hear you like yours too.

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a single stage flat trigger on my 24"" SS BB varmint gun and love it.  I also have a 2-stage curved on my 16" CAR.  I like the single stage better.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have a single stage flat trigger on my 24"" SS BB varmint gun and love it.  I also have a 2-stage curved on my 16" CAR.  I like the single stage better.

what specifically makes you say that?
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the information
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't like the feel of taking up slack.  The single stage is crisp and clean.  The 2-stage is great but just does not "feel" right to me.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#12]
cheaper than dirt has a great deal on those triggers
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 5:18:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
cheaper than dirt has a great deal on those triggers

i checked them out and all i found was the 1911 triggers.  are you sure they were the ar15 drop-ins?

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Bushy 16in HBAR CM single stage curved
could not ask for a better trigger
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Last I checked all they had were the 2-stage curved in stock.    I dig into my records and pull the product #
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#16]
bump.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#17]
I am also waiting on the curved single stage to be back in stock.  Not sure I could get my finger used to a straight trigger.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I am also waiting on the curved single stage to be back in stock.  Not sure I could get my finger used to a straight trigger.

i didn't think i'd like it, but wanted to try it regardless.  i love it.

s. tank

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top