User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:02:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll have to call John and ask them about pigment. I'll let you guys know what they say. Have a great weekend everyone.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have never put "color pigment" into the coating and would not recommend introducing a foriegn susbstance into the coating. I have mixed two colors of the coating together to tweak the color.

Joe

I agree, introducing a non-thermal substance into a thermally cured product is looking for disaster.  Mix colors of you want, but do it the correct way.

If you are looking for bright vivid colors, use LDC.  It may not be quite the same thing, but I would highly recommend it over creating a bastard product.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I never said anything about putting just any old pigment in the pot. Thats why I want to contact Norrel's and see what they say. No I don't want a pink gun ;) I was thinking of using it for other personal purposes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
maybe I ought to order more Moly Resin, and charge a few people for redoing their guns.

I might be interested in having you re-doing my AR. Where are you located in TX?
Clint
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
If heating or baking is a concern, go with Duracoat!!

more HERE
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top