Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2003 7:16:53 PM EDT
After 800 rds out of my J&T kit AR I noticed that my firing pin is bent. I have never had a malfunction due to this. I just happened to notice it while doing a routine cleaning. I’ve noticed before that the firing pin did not have the same sheen or polish I was used to in my issue M16’s. It has more of a dull appearance and had some nicks in the ramp near the end where the hammer strikes the pin even after my first time at the range. I’m not worried about appearances so I didn’t think much of it. I have only fired Q3131A and wolf out of it. It appears that the firing pin metal is soft and prone to nicks and bending. I have grounded the AR until I get a new milspec firing pin. Has anyone else had this experience? I am very happy with my J&T kit but am concerned about getting another pin from them. I have showed some friends and several people at the range how to break down their bolt and bolt carrier for cleaning that had never done it before. (hard to believe I know.) I wonder how many people out there may have a bent pin and not know it?

I am waving between asking J&T for a new pin, getting one from a local dealer at the next show or buying one from bushmaster.

Thanks,
CD

P.S. be advised my work had now blocked this site so I will not be able to check this until I get home and get some free time. I just don’t want to appear inattentive.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
All of my firing pins are bright and shiny.  Never had a bent one either.  I'd try J&T direct for a replacement, I've heard they are very customer friendly.  (No firsthand experience with them though).

Try [url]www.jobrelatedstuff.com[/url].  See if it will bypass the block.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
medicmandan
Sweet! HA! i'll try that link today at work. i posted this in the J&T industry forum and it looks like they are going to send me a new firing pin.
thanks,
CD
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top