Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/16/2003 9:05:16 AM EDT
Considering my first build and have looked into J&T & Model 1 kits. However, I haven't seen them mention any barrels being chrome lined, just the reference to chrome-moly steel. Does anyone know if a kit company offers chrome lined bores?

Thx
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 1:30:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 1:32:08 PM EDT by _DR]
you can buy stripped or complete barrel units from Bushmaster or Armalite that are chrome-lined. Colt also sells them, but Colt's are usually quite pricey unless you can find a new surplus barrel. I don't think Model1 sells chrome-lined bores. A complete bushmaster chrome lined barrel for instance(including handguards,front sight, etc) will run you about $185 to $200. I don't know if RRA or DPMS sells chromlined barrels, I know Olympic doesn't. Chrome-moly steel barrels are not chrome lined, but these are fine except the chrome makes the bore more resistant to corrosion.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:30:03 PM EDT
J&T offers certain upper configurations with the chrome lined barrel. I can't remember exactly which configuration it is, but I'm wanting to say that they offer the M4 set-up with a chrome lined barrel. Post your question on the Industry Board and Jesse should get back to you soon.
Top Top